For the few of you that conclude your fantasy football season in Week 17, I've updated my rankings for this week earlier this morning. Here are some notes about quarterbacks and pass defenses heading into Week 17:
- Buccaneers quarterback Josh Freeman threw for a career-high five touchdowns last week against the Seahawks. In an 11-game span starting with his first matchup against the Saints, Freeman has thrown 18 touchdowns and only three interceptions.
- Patriots quarterback Tom Brady set the NFL record for consecutive pass attempts (319) without an interception in Sunday's win over the Bills last week. Although Brady will start against the Dolphins on Sunday, how long will he for play in a meaningless game?
- With Eagles quarterback Michael Vick unlikely to play in Week 17, Kevin Kolb will get his first start since Week 7. However, the Eagles, who have no shot for a first-round bye in the playoffs, will likely rest their skill players for the good portion of the game.
- In back-to-back starts, Denver's Tim Tebow has put up 20-plus fantasy points. Facing the league's worst-ranked pass defense (Texans) last week, Tebow threw his first 300-yard game of his NFL career. In those two starts, Tebow has 18 rushing attempts for 105 yards and two touchdowns.
- Houston's Matt Schaub has thrown for 300-plus yards in four consecutive games. In his first matchup against Jacksonville, Schaub threw for 314 yards, two touchdowns and no interceptions.
- Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has not thrown for multiple touchdowns in each of his last five games. During that span, he has a total of only three passing touchdowns. That said, he threw three touchdowns against the Browns in his first post-suspension game of 2010.
- Green Bay's Aaron Rodgers left Week 14 with a concussion and sat out Week 15. In the last five games that he has finished, however, Rodgers has thrown for 300-plus yards and/or three-plus touchdowns. Last week, he threw for 404 yards and four touchdowns.
Here are my top 10 fantasy quarterbacks for Week 17:
1. Peyton Manning, Colts (vs TEN)
2. Aaron Rodgers, Packers (vs CHI)
3. Philip Rivers, Chargers (at DEN)
4. Drew Brees, Saints (vs TB)
5. Matt Schaub, Texans (vs JAX)
6. Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers (at CLE)
7. Matt Ryan, Falcons (vs CAR)
8. Tom Brady, Patriots (vs MIA)
9. Joe Flacco, Ravens (vs CIN)
10. Eli Manning, Giants (at WAS)
See our full top 25 quarterback rankings for Week 17.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!