Top 5 Reasons Ben Roethlisberger Is Not a Diva (today)
Okay I admit it I have heard the whispers that Roethlisberger is a DIVA...and considering the other whispers that seem to surround him...well being a DIVA isn't all that bad. Speaking of which, I also admit being a female and a Steeler fan I feel somewhat queasy saying anything positive about Mr. Roethlisberger...but then I remember that everyone deserves a second...(third) chance?
So Mr. Ben this day I am giving you the proper kudos...yes I still have my doubts about you...but take your bow you deserve it on your step above the DIVA status!
Ben Roethlisberger Would a Tie Be Too Much To Ask
Scott Halleran/Getty Images
5. Okay this is going to sound catty...but remember I am a sweats and jersey girl myself so I am not making a judgement just an observation. Mr. Ben is not a DIVA....have you seen the way he dresses? I am not saying he is the worst dresser in the NFL...but with those dimensions he can dress that body up something PPPHHHINE! Child please...I mean he is no Marcellus Wiley...but few are.
I'm just saying his DIVA status has to take a hit with his attire...no?
I Like The Quiet Times Of Ben Roethlisberger
Larry French/Getty Images
4. The number four reason Mr. Ben has currently relinquished his DIVA status is that during the months of his last transgression...he publicly, at least, took the punishment without hysterics. Showing remorse and contrition is good...not doing it again...EVER is better. He is on the right track...I hope! That shadowy image you see on the horizon is Ben waving good-bye to DIVA status.
Richard Seymour Exiting After The Big Ben Slap
Jared Wickerham/Getty Images
3. The number three reason owes a grand thank you gesture to Richard Seymour. During the Steelers romp of the Raiders Mr. Ben celebratory skips over in the vicinity of Mr. Seymour and then with the aid of Mr. Seymour is introduced to the ground. The open hand slap administered to Ben Roethlisberger didn't look painful (but then again I have never been slapped by someone the size of Richard Seymour) just surprising.
Ben Roethlisberger took the slap...got up...threw two more touchdown passes. DIVA's rarely get punked slapped and when they do there is almost always a fair amount of wailing and flailing. Not this time...another step in the right direction...for our man.
I have to admit though I secretly congratulated Seymour on the slap...it doesn't make me a bad Steeler fan does it?
Ben Roethlisberger and Terrell Suggs
Geoff Burke/Getty Images
2. Sunday night Ben Roethlisberger went into the game against the Baltimore Ravens with (depending on your source) either a broken bone in his foot or having reinjured scar tissue? Either way he spent most of the week in a walking boot and then went out and played. As far as I know there was no crying about his foot, no excuses about his foot he went out and played the game. DIVA worthy...I think not...warrior worthy...he is not Hines Ward yet...but he is getting there!
Ben Roethlisberger and The Baltimore Ravens Making Introductions
Larry French/Getty Images
1. Same game first quarter broken nose and continued playing. Enough said.
I know one or two games will not erase two or three years of whispers. But you have to like the strides Mr. Ben is taking. He has taken one step towards nonDiva status and this Steeler fan appreciates the effort.