Here are all the pro football transactions involving former Miami Dolphins players from November 2010:
- Nov. 2 — The Houston Texans waived defensive end Adewale Ogunleye. Signed as an undrafted free agent by the Dolphins in 2000, Ogunleye played three seasons and led the AFC with 15 sacks on his way to a Pro Bowl selection in 2003. He was traded to the Bears in August 2004 for wide receiver Marty Booker.
- Nov. 2 — The Seattle Seahawks waived cornerback Nate Ness. Ness spent part of last season on the practice squad and one game on the active roster, and played for the Dolphins in the 2010 preseason before being waived during final cuts.
- Nov. 3 — The Buffalo Bills placed offensive tackle Cornell Green on injured reserve. Green spent the 2001 season on the Dolphins' practice squad before being traded to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers the following preseason.
- Nov. 4 — The Dallas Cowboys signed cornerback Ross Weaver to the practice squad. Weaver appeared in two preseason games with the Dolphins as an undrafted free agent in 2010, recording one tackle and one pass deflection. He was waived during final cuts.
- Nov. 4 — The Hamilton Tiger-Cats (CFL) released wide receiver Chris Williams from the practice roster. Williams signed with the Dolphins as an undrafted free agent in 2009, but was waived with an injury settlement on Aug. 25 after breaking his wrist during the preseason.
- Nov. 4 — The Montreal Alouettes (CFL) promoted wide receiver Brandon London to the active roster. London spent the entire 2008 season with the Dolphins, appearing in 14 games (one start) and catching three passes for 30 yards.
- Nov. 5 — The Edmonton Eskimos (CFL) transferred wide receiver Kelly Campbell to the injured list. Campbell was an offseason member of the Dolphins in 2006 and 2007, but did not appear in a game.
- Nov. 5 — The Saskatchewan Roughriders (CFL) promoted defensive tackle Rodrique Wright to the active roster. A seventh-round pick by the Dolphins out of Texas in 2006, Wright appeared in 13 games (nine starts) over three seasons with the team, recording 28 tackles and 1.5 sacks.
- Nov. 6 — The Green Bay Packers activated safety Atari Bigby from the PUP list. Bigby was signed by the Dolphins as an undrafted rookie in May 2005, only to be released in July.
- Nov. 8 — The Washington Redskins signed wide receiver Taurus Johnson to the practice squad. Johnson spent part of the 2009 season on the Dolphins' practice squad and was waived during the 2010 preseason.
- Nov. 8 — The Florida Tuskers (UFL) released wide receiver Jayson Foster. A college quarterback at Georgia Southern, Foster signed with the Dolphins as an undrafted free agent in 2008 but did not make the team.
- Nov. 9 — The Arizona Cardinals released linebacker J. D. Folsom from the practice squad. A seventh-round pick by the Dolphins in 2009, Folsom appeared in two games as a rookie and recorded one tackle.
- Nov. 9 — The Detroit Lions re-signed placekicker Dave Rayner to a contract. Rayner spent part of the 2008 offseason with the Dolphins between March and June.
- Nov. 9 — The Tennessee Titans signed defensive tackle Marques Douglas to a contract. Douglas played for the Dolphins in the 2010 preseason, but was released prior to the regular season.
- Nov. 11 — The Minnesota Vikings signed offensive tackle Patrick Brown to the practice squad and released offensive tackle Andrew Gardner from the practice squad. Brown spent time on the Dolphins' active roster from September to November in 2010, but did not appear in a game. Drafted by the Dolphins in the sixth round in 2009, Gardner appeared in one game as a rookie but was waived before the 2010 regular season.
- Nov. 13 — The Kansas City Chiefs waived linebacker Charlie Anderson. Anderson spent two seasons with the Dolphins after joining the team as a free agent in 2006. He appeared in all 32 games through the 2007 season with three starts, totaling 44 tackles, 4.5 sacks and four forced fumbles.
- Nov. 13 — The Toronto Argonauts transferred defensive end Ben Ishola and wide receiver James Robinson to the injured list. Ishola was signed by the Dolphins as an undrafted free agent in 2006, but waived during final cuts on Sept. 2. Robinson spent part of the 2009 season on the Dolphins' practice squad before being released Nov. 4.
- Nov. 15 — The Saskatchewan Roughriders (CFL) transferred defensive tackle Rodrique Wright to the reserve list.
- Nov. 16 — The Cincinnati Bengals signed offensive tackle Andrew Gardner to the practice squad.
- Nov. 16 — The Cleveland Browns placed guard Billy Yates on injured reserve and signed return specialist Clifton Smith to a contract. Signed by the Dolphins as an undrafted free agent out of Texas A&M in 2003, Yates appeared in three games for the team as a rookie, but was waived prior to the 2004 season. Smith spent the first two games of the 2010 season as the Dolphins' return specialist, averaging 17.3 yards on kickoff returns and 4.5 yards on punt returns.
- Nov. 16 — The New York Giants re-signed wide receiver Derek Hagan to a contract. The Dolphins' third-round pick in the 2006 NFL Draft, Hagan recorded 53 catches, 645 yards, and three touchdowns in two-plus years with the team.
- Nov. 17 — The Kansas City Chiefs re-signed linebacker Charlie Anderson to a contract.
- Nov. 18 — The Kansas City Chiefs signed linebacker Eric Bakhtiari to the practice squad. Bakhtiari spent a week on the Dolphins' practice squad in November 2010.
- Nov. 20 — The New York Jets promoted wide receiver Patrick Turner from the practice squad and signed cornerback Will Billingsley to the practice squad. A third-round pick by the Dolphins in 2009, Turner appeared in two games as a rookie and did not catch a pass. He was waived prior to the 2010 season. Billingsley spent most of the 2008 and 2009 season on the Dolphins' practice squad.
- Nov. 20 — The Montreal Alouettes (CFL) transferred wide receiver Brandon London to the injured list.
- Nov. 22 — The Buffalo Bills waived offensive tackle Cornell Green from injured reserve.
- Nov. 22 — The Cincinnati Bengals placed safety Chris Crocker on injured reserve. Crocker played six games for the Dolphins in 2008 with two starts, recording 10 tackles and a pass deflection.
- Nov. 22 — The San Diego Chargers promoted tight end Kory Sperry from the practice squad. Sperry appeared in eight games for the Dolphins as an undrafted rookie in 2009, catching three passes for 31 yards and a touchdown.
- Nov. 23 — The Detroit Lions signed guard Donald Thomas to a contract. A sixth-round pick by the Dolphins in 2008, Thomas was limited to just one game after a foot injury during his rookie season. He started 12 of 16 games played in 2009, but was waived prior to the 2010 regular season.
- Nov. 24 — The Houston Texans signed defensive end Chris McCoy to the practice squad.
- Nov. 24 — The Minnesota Vikings promoted offensive tackle Patrick Brown from the practice squad. McCoy was a seventh-round pick by the Dolphins in 2010 and had a brief stint on the team's practice squad in November.
- Nov. 26 — The Seattle Seahawks claimed defensive tackle Clifton Geathers off waivers from the Dolphins. Geathers spent nearly three months between the Dolphins' practice squad and active roster in 2010, appearing in one game but recording no stats.
- Nov. 27 — The Saskatchewan Roughriders (CFL) transferred defensive tackle Rodrique Wright to the injured list.
- Nov. 29 — The Saskatchewan Roughriders (CFL) removed offensive lineman Marion Dukes from the practice roster. Dukes signed with the Dolphins as an undrafted free agent in 2007, but elected to leave the team and return to school that July. The Dolphins waived him from the Reserve/Retired list in the 2008 offseason.
- Nov. 30 — The Cleveland Browns waived return specialist Clifton Smith.
Discuss this article on the forum here!
Chris J. Nelson majored in journalism at Georgia State University and is currently a programming coordinator for Turner Sports in Atlanta. He operates his own Miami Dolphins website, The Miami Dolphins Spotlight, and he can be followed on Twitter here.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!