After the conclusion of play in Week 12, the San Francisco 49ers are...
- 4-7 on the season.
- In the bottom half of the league in nearly every important statistical category.
- Just three games better than the hapless Carolina Panthers (hapless, that is, unless playing against said 49ers) who are currently last in the NFL.
- Reeling from the loss of their top offensive weapon for the rest of the season and the prolonged absence of two starting offensive linemen.
- In dire need of a strong team identity that actually works.
- Just one game behind the co-division-leading Seattle Seahawks and St. Louis Rams and right in the thick of the NFC West race?!
- Amazingly, all of the above are 100 percent true.