12. Seattle Seahawks (4-2) The Seahawks might not be the 12th best team in the league right now, but they are 4-2 and extremely tough to beat at home. How about the turnaround for receiver Mike Williams's career? By the way, the Seahawks feature the second best run defense in the NFL right now.
11. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (4-2) Coach Raheem Morris said that the Bucs are the best team in the NFC. I disagree. The Bucs have beaten the Browns, Panthers, Bengals and Rams. None of those teams have a winning record. Their two losses are to the Saints and Steelers, and they got outscored by a combined 50 points.
10. Houston Texans (4-2) A really good offense and a really bad defense. I'm pulling for the Texans, but I just don't know if this year is the year for them to finally make the playoffs. We're going to learn a lot this week, as the Texans play the Colts on Monday Night Football.
9. Kansas City Chiefs (4-2) I'm sold, at least for now. I really think the Chiefs will win the AFC West this year for two reasons. One, the Chiefs have the NFL's best rushing attack lead by Thomas Jones and Jamaal Charles. And two, the Chiefs' schedule is fairly easy. Their next three games are against teams with losing records.
8. Indianapolis Colts (4-2) You can never count out Peyton Manning and the Colts. Over the years, they've overcome a lot. Now, Manning has to do it without his trusty tight end Dallas Clark, who is out for the season. The Colts' season starts getting really tough as they play the Texans and Eagles in their next two games.
7. Atlanta Falcons (5-2) The Falcons enter their bye tied for an NFC best 5-2. If the season ended today, the Falcons would have a bye week. Matt Ryan looks like he's ready to join the upper echelon of quarterbacks. The Falcons can run the ball (and very well) and also feature the sixth best running defense. I'm sold on the Falcons for now.
6. Tennessee Titans (5-2) It doesn't seem to matter who quarterbacks this team, whether it be Vince Young or Kerry Collins. The Titans are playing really good football right now and have won three straight games by a combined 52 points.