Top Five Stories From YesterdaySeptember 15, 2016
1. The Giants beat the Cowboys in Monday Night Football as Dallas now drops to 1-5, and they’ve lost their starting QB Tony Romo to a broken collarbone.
2. Brett Farve’s consecutive games played streak is in jeopardy after it is revealed that he has two fractures in his left ankle that may prevent him from playing this weekend.
3. Both the NCAA and NFL may collaborate an effort to punish players who take improper benefits in college in the form of either fines or suspensions upon arriving in the NFL.
4. The Kings continue their good start to their season by getting a shootout road win in Minnesota.
5. The baseball union would consider expanding the MLB playoffs, including adding more teams and making the division series a best-of-seven for the 2012 season.
Top Five Games From Yesterday
1. Giants 41, Cowboys 35: New York outscored Dallas 34-15 over the last two-and-a-half quarters to get the comeback victory and cement its lead at the top of the NFC East.
2. Kings 3, Wild 2, shootout: Michal Handzus scored the winning goal in the shootout to give Los Angeles the victory and the extra point.
3. Canadiens 3, Coyotes 2, overtime: Andrei Kostitsyn scored the game-winner 90 seconds into the extra session to lift Montreal to the win over Phoenix.
4. Blue Jackets 2, Flyers 1: Columbus jumped out to a 2-0 lead through two periods, and hung on for the win over struggling Philadelphia.
5. Cardiff City 4, Leeds United 0: Jay Bothroyd scored twice to lead the Bluebirds and pull into a tie at the top of the Championship.
Top Five Performances From Yesterday
1. Mathieu Garon, Blue Jackets G: Made 28 saves on 29 shots in Columbus’s 2-1 win over Philadelphia.
2. Eli Manning, Giants QB: 25-of-35 for 306 yards and four TDs in New York’s 41-35 win over Dallas.
3. Andrei Kostitsyn, Canadiens RW: Had a goal and an assist in Montreal’s 3-2 overtime win over Phoenix.
4. Hakeem Nicks, Giants WR: Nine catches for 108 yards and two TDs in New York’s 41-35 win over Dallas.
5. Mike Cammalleri, Canadiens LW: Had a goal and an assist in Montreal’s 3-2 overtime win over Phoenix.
Five Performances That Weren’t So Good From Yesterday
1. Cowboys defense: Gave up 41 points and 497 yards of total offense in Dallas’s 41-35 loss to New York.
2. Derek Morris, Coyotes D: Had a minus-2 and two penalty minutes in Phoenix’s 3-2 overtime loss to Montreal.
3. Dustin Brown, Kings RW: Had a minus-1 and 15 penalty minutes in Los Angeles’s 3-2 shootout win over Minnesota.
4. Scott Hartnell, Flyers RW: Had 12 penalty minutes in Philadelphia’s 2-1 loss to Columbus.
5. Jack Johnson, Kings D: Had a minus-1 and two penalty minutes in Los Angeles’s 3-2 shootout win over Minnesota
Top Five Events To Follow Today
1. NBA: Heat at Celtics, 7:30 PM, TNT: What will the next few years hold for LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh, we find out starting tonight in Boston against the Eastern champs.
2. NCAA FB: Louisiana Tech (3-4) at No. 2 Boise State (6-0), 8:00 PM, ESPN2: An early start to Week 9 of the regular season sees the Broncos trying to impress the nation yet again.
3. NHL: Ducks (3-5-1) at Stars (5-2-0), 9:00 PM: Anaheim has recovered from a slow start and played well on the road. Now it takes them to Texas to face off with Dallas.
4. NBA: Suns at Trail Blazers, 10:00 PM: Phoenix and Portland, two teams from last season’s Western Conference playoffs, start the season in the Pacific Northwest.
5. NBA: Rockets at Lakers, 10:30 PM, TNT: The defending champions raise another banner tonight, and start another title defense by welcoming Yao Ming and company to Los Angeles.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!