Here’s my Week 7 tight end rankings. Keep in mind that the Colts, Jets, Lions and Texans are on bye.
1. Vernon Davis at Carolina
2. Zach Miller at Denver
3. Tony Gonzalez vs. Cincinnati
4. Chris Cooley at Chicago
5. Jason Witten vs. New York Giants
6. Antonio Gates vs. New England
7. Brent Celek at Tennessee
8. Aaron Hernandez at San Diego
9. Marcedes Lewis at Kansas City
10. Kellen Winslow vs. St. Louis
11. John Carlson vs. Arizona
12. Jermaine Gresham at Atlanta
13. Todd Heap vs. Buffalo
14. Heath Miller at Miami
15. Visanthe Shiancoe at Green Bay
Inside the numbers
- Chris Cooley suffered a concussion, but will likely be able to play this week.
- The Giants are going to put a lot of pressure on Tony Romo, which should mean a lot of dump offs to Witten. He had 19 catches for 189 yards and a score against the G-Men last year.
- Antonio Gates is tough, and will likely suit up against New England, but his effectiveness will be a question mark.
- Visanthe Shiancoe didn’t even get a target against Dallas last week. Green Bay will go after Favre, especially if Clay Matthews is healthy.
Also check out:
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!