Today is an off-day, but Phil Hughes goes tomorrow night back at Yankee Stadium.
Here are some notes:
- Andy Pettitte said that Lance Berkman told him the other day that he and Kevin Long made adjustments to his swing, and he was feeling a lot better at the plate.
- Last night’s game was Jorge Posada‘s 113th postseason game of his career, moving him ahead of David Justice and behind Derek Jeter and Bernie Williams all-time.
- Since blowing the 2004 ALCS, Mariano Rivera has allowed one run in 19 playoff appearances, and is 9-for-9 in save opportunities.
- Missed this the other day, but RHP Ryan Pope is going to the AFL. He’s eligible for the Rule 5 draft this offseason, so the Yankees probably want to see if he’s worth protecting.
- OF Slade Heathcott has had an undisclosed surgery. When there is word on exactly what type of surgery it is, I’ll pass that information along. As River Ave Blues points out, he’s already had surgery on his ACL and dealt with a serious shoulder injury when he was younger.
Berkman had a big Yankee moment last night. Hopefully, he can have a few more before the playoffs are over.