Kickers are often considered a fantasy oversight, though that doesn’t mean that they won’t have an impact. Let’s take a look at how I’d rank the top 15 kickers for the upcoming week
- Garrett Hartley - New Orleans Saints - vs. Atlanta
- Mason Crosby - Green Bay Packers - at Chicago
- Stephen Gostkowski - New England Patriots - vs. Buffalo
- Ryan Longwell - Minnesota Vikings - vs. Detroit
- Neil Rackers - Houston Texans - vs. Dallas
- Nate Kaeding - San Diego Chargers - at Seattle
- Rob Bironas - Tennessee Titans - at New York Giants
- Jeff Reed - Pittsburgh Steelers - at Tampa Bay
- David Akers - Philadelphia Eagles - at Jacksonville
- Lawrence Tynes - New York Giants - vs. Tennessee
- Matt Prater - Denver Broncos - vs. Indianapolis
- Adam Vinatieri - Indianapolis Colts - at Denver
- Dan Carpenter - Miami Dolphins - vs. New York Jets
- Sebastian Janikowski - Oakland Raiders - at Arizona
- Billy Cundiff - Baltimore Ravens - vs. Cleveland
- The Packers have already scored seven touchdowns, which immediately helps Mason Crosby’s value. Throw in three field goals of at least 40 yards (including one of over 50), and you get one of the better kickers in the league.
- Speaking of high-scoring teams, the Texans have proven that they can move the ball with the best of them. Like Crosby, Rackers has made seven extra points. He has also added three field goals between 40-49 yards. In 2008 and 2009, he only made six kicks in that range each year. He’s certainly having a good start to the year and a likely high-scoring affair should help him once again.
- With the questions surrounding the Steeler’s offense, would it surprise anyone if they had to settle for a few field goals? That certainly helps Jeff Reed’s potential value.
- The question is going to be if the Broncos can keep up with the Colts on the scoreboard. If they can come close, that’s going to mean a good day for Matt Prater.
What are your thoughts on these rankings? Who’s too high? Who’s too low?
Make sure to check out the rest of our Week 3 Rankings:
- Top 25 Quarterbacks
- Top 40 Running Backs
- Top 60 Wide Receivers
- Top 20 Tight Ends
- Top 15 Defenses
- Sunday Sleepers
- Waiver Worthy
- Start ‘Em or Sit ‘Em
THIS ARTICLE IS ALSO FEATURED ON WWW.ROTOPROFESSOR.COM/FOOTBALL
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!