Trevor Hoffman's Road To 600 Saves: Stats and Facts
Andy Lyons/Getty Images
Trevor Hoffman earned his 600th career save on Tuesday night, making him the first player in Major League Baseball history to accomplish that feat.
Here's a look back at Hoffman's long road from minor league shortstop to the most prolific closer of all time.
Trevor Hoffman's 600 Saves Timeline
April 29th, 1993 - 1st Career Save - Florida Marlins def. Atlanta Braves
April 13th, 1997 - 100th Career Save - San Diego Padres def. Philadelphia Phillies
June 23rd, 1997 - 114th Career Save - San Diego Padres def. San Francisco Giants - Hoffman's 109th Save as a Padre surpasses Rollie Fingers to become San Diego's all time saves leader.
June 10th, 1999 - 200th Career Save - San Diego Padres def. Oakland A's
August 15th 2001 - 300th Career Save - San Diego Padres def. New York Mets
May 6th, 2005 - 400th Career Save - San Diego Padres def. St. Louis Cardinals
September 24th, 2006 - 479 Career Saves - San Diego Padres def. Pittsburgh Pirates - Hoffman passes Lee Smith, establishing new Major League Baseball all-time saves record
June 6th, 2007 - 500th Career Save - San Diego Padres def. Los Angeles Dodgers
September 7th, 2010 - 600th Career Save - Milwaukee Brewers def. St. Louis Cardinals
Trevor Hoffman Facts and Statistics
- Trevor Hoffman has pitched against all 30 current major league teams.
- Most Faced Team: Los Angeles Dodgers (100 times)
- Least Faced Team: Baltimore Orioles, Detroit Tigers, Tampa Bay Rays (one time each)
- Most Saves vs. Opponent: 68 (Los Angeles Dodgers)
- Fewest Saves vs. Opponent: 0 (Chicago White Sox, Detroit Tigers, New York Yankees)
- Lowest Career ERA vs. Opponent: 0.00 (Baltimore, Detroit, KC, Tampa, Toronto)
- Highest Career ERA vs. Opponent: 13.50 (Chicago White Sox)
- Most Career Wins vs. Opponent: 9 (Cincinnati Reds)
- Most Career Losses vs. Opponent: 8 (Colorado Rockies/Los Angeles Dodgers)
- Most Strikeouts vs. Opponent: 105 (Los Angeles Dodgers)
- Fewest Strikeouts vs. Opponent: 0 (Detroit Tigers—the only team against which he's never struck out a batter)
- Most Total Walks Allowed vs. Opponent: 30 (San Francisco Giants, Los Angeles Dodgers)
- Fewest Total Walks Allowed vs. Opponent: 0 (Red Sox, Tampa, Tigers, Toronto)
- Most Home Runs Allowed Lifetime vs. Opponent: 13 (Colorado Rockies)
- Fewest Home Runs Allowed Lifetime vs. Opponent: 7 Teams Tied at 0
- Most Innings Pitched vs. Opponent: 103.2 (San Francisco Giants)
- Fewest Innings Pitched vs. Opponent: 1.0 (Baltimore/Detroit/Tampa)
- Trevor Hoffman has only hit nine batters in his career (3 Dodgers, 2 Rockies, 2 Giants, 1 Astros, 1 Phillies).
- At the plate, Trevor Hoffman's lifetime batting average is 0.118 (4 for 34).
- As a hitter, Trevor Hoffman has zero career home runs and 5 total RBIs.
- Trevor Hoffman's career fielding percentage is .974.
- Trevor Hoffman has only committed four fielding errors in his career.
- Trevor Hoffman has thrown 49 career wild pitches.
For his career, Trevor Hoffman owns a 61-75 record (.449) with a 2.87 ERA. He's struck out 1,132 batters and walked 307 in 1,086.1 innings pitched. He's converted 600 of 676 save opportunities for a career save percentage of .887.
What does this all mean? For Hoffman, one day, a trip to Cooperstown and baseball immortality.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?