Who Made The Most Of The 2010 Draft !?
Gil Brandts article on NFL.com "This year's final cuts features a few surprises" made me think which teams made most and least of their draft picks.
As you can see from the list some teams have kept all of their draft picks, while others have kept few of their draft picks. Now I know that doesn't say much of the quality of the players drafted, but i does say something about how well teams scouted and evaluated their picks.
The WINNERS seems to be:
- Philadelphia Eagles 12 of 13 + 1 ufa + 1 player drafted by another team.
- Seattle Seahawks 9 of 9 + 1 ufa
- San Francisco 49'ers 8 of 8 + 1 ufa
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers 8 of 8 + 1 ufa
- Dallas Cowboys 7 of 7 + 4 ufa
- Baltimore Ravens 7 of 7 + 3 ufa
- Kansas City Chiefs 7 of 7 + 3 ufa
- Atlanta Falcons: 7 of 7 + 1 ufa
Not only did the Eagles have the most draft picks, they used them extremely well. 20%-25% of the players on the rooster are now rookies.
Surprisingly to me the Dallas Cowboys, one of the favorites for the Super Bowl kept all of their picks AND signed 4 ufa's, that quite impressive for a team that was supposed to have all the pieces. And much the same could be said about the Baltimore Ravens.
The LOSERS seems to be:
- Washington Redskins 2 of 6 + 2 ufa
- San Diego Chargers 3 of 6 + 2 ufa + 1 on injury reserve
- New Orleans Saints 4 of 6 + 1 ufa
- Cleveland Browns 5 of 8 + 1 on injury reserve
- Miami Dolphins 5 of 8 + 3 ufa + 1 on injury reserve
- Buffalo Bills 5 of 9 + 5 ufa + 2 on injury reserve
Washington Redskins was surprisingly to me the worst team in signing their draft pick. Prior to the draft the talk about the Redskins were that they had to make every pick count in their rebuilding process. They must be really disappointed in camp Shanahan.
I was also surprised by the Browns lack of success, I think it is noteworthy that they didn't sign any of the ufa's they had in camp.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?