Chris McGrath/Getty Images
"Every once in a while you have to say, Bart, shut up." - Mike Pettine (Defensive Coordinator)
Bart Scott's resume speaks for itself, as an All-Pro in 2006, Ray Lewis's running mate in the middle for the better part of seven seasons in Baltimore and now as the linchpin in the middle for Rex Ryan's defense, the vet is very good at what he does.
But Scott doesn't need his resume to speak because he does enough of it on his own. Calling him a vocal leader is putting it lightly.
Scott is his own stand-up routine in Hard Knocks and just as he brings it once the ball his snapped, he provides commentary before and after as well. Here are a few snippets from Scott.
* "He's just mad because he's taking a pay cut." Commenting on Joe McKnight's position at USC, compared to his position with the Jets.
* "You drink that Metamucil today? I know you ain't regular." Shouting at the offense from the sideline.
* "Mark Brunell look like the first Stetson Man commercial." On Mark Brunell's appearance.
* "Nacho!" Teasing Mark Sanchez. Sanchez's retort? "Nachos aren't even real Mexican food, I'm going to tell Bart that, that'll get him."
* "Make Revis show up, that'd be a helluva trick." During magic act at the Rookie Show.
It doesn't matter if he's on or off the field, Scott is the heart and the mouth of this New York Jets defense.