Tim Tebow: The Next Aaron Rodgers?
As I read through several NFL analysts' take on whether Tim Tebow would be ready to play in the NFL, I am noticing a striking resemblance to Aaron Rodgers—a late first-round pick who was benched for his first three years but has since gone on to have notable success as a starter.
Here are a list of similarities that Tebow has to Aaron Rodgers:
- Tebow was picked 25th overall, while Rodgers was picked 24th. One pick difference.
- Both had controversial throwing motions in college, which they attempted to fix when they joined the NFL.
- Both were (or are) planned to be benched during their first year, in favor of a veteran.
- Both had fantastic college careers.
- Both are very mobile quarterbacks who played runningback in middle school, but transferred to quarterback due to injuries.
- Both are considered "fan favorites" and "babe magnets."
The question is, will Tebow have the same success Rodgers has had in the past two years?
Or will he just become a bust, like everyone has predicted?
My hope is that Tebow will pull through. He certainly has the heart and will power to become successful. The only question is: Do the Broncos believe in him?
That's what it all comes down to, doesn't it?
If the Broncos' coaching staff has the patience and the determination to make Tebow a franchise quarterback, he can and will become the next Aaron Rodgers.
But if they don't, then he will, as everyone predicted, be doomed to become a bust.
©2010 by Dmitri Duggan. Do not repost without giving distinctive credit to Dmitri Duggan.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?