As we all wait for the Jets and Giants to play tomorrow night, here is something to keep you busy until kickoff, a blog of sorts about what I liked thus far in the season and what I did not.
1. Aaron Rodgers looked good on Saturday. Real good. Yes, it's the Browns, but it's nice to see the top players dominate weaker opponents like they should. Side Note: Still pumped about having Rodgers fall to me at No. 10 in my fantasy draft.
2. Greg Hardy was very impressive versus the Ravens. It looked like he was back playing at Ole Miss.
3. Who was the gunslinger out there for the Jags? Luke McCown, that's who. I know, I know, it's Luke McCown and it's the preseason and all, but he looked sharp!
4. With Big Ben out 4-6 weeks with his suspension, Dennis Dixon should be the starting QB until Ben comes back. One of the best performances of Week 1.
5. Maybe the Bucs were right in taking Josh Freeman after all. Maybe not though. Not going to get high after four passes.
6. Sage Rosenfels looked pretty awesome versus the Rams, but barring injuries, he won't see the field at all this year.
7. With Ryan Mathews at the helm, Chargers fans won't miss LT this year. Bank on it!
1.Steve Slaton's fumble at the goal line. This is exactly what he didn't need Kubiak and crew to see. Arian Foster should have the No. 1 spot at RB now, especially with Ben Tate going on the IR.
2. John Beck might as well go and pack his bags and head to the UFL. Coming out, I thought he could be decent at worst. Negative. He has looked terrible in just about every game he's been in.
3. Could Colt McCoy's performance have been any worse? Throws two picks and then leaves the game with a hand injury. Not how he or any Browns fans would like to see him starting out. Starting to believe the Cleveland curse is real, sorry guys!
4. Bad news Matt Hasselbeck, Charlie Whitehurst is closer than you think to take over your position.
5. How are you going to let the Redskins hang 42 points on you, Buffalo Bills?
6. If I'm a Cardinals fan then I'm still worried about Fitzgerald's knee, no matter what that MRI says.
The Really Bad:
1. Sorry Bills fans. Your No. 1 and No. 3 running backs just got hurt and will be out for about a month each. On the bright side, you still have CJ Spiller and the fastest punter in the NFL!
2. You can't help but feel bad for Stafon Johnson of the Titans. First game in the NFL, he jacks up his ankle after coming back from that frightful weightlifting injury. There's still hope that he will play late in the year.
3. Still confused as to why the Colts didn't keep long time back-up Jim Sorgi. Curtis Painter, their listed No. 2, looked unbelievably bad. I'll take Sorgi over Painter any day of the week.
4. Not seeing Chad Ochocino kick for the Bengals. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqeNWFeMqPU&feature=related
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!