MLB Fantasy: Two-Start Pitchers for Week Ten—Hughes, Strasburg
The much anticipated arrival of Stephen Strasburg is here. He debuts Tuesday at home against the Pirates, a great way to build his confidence (like he needs more of that). He has been dominating Double-A and Triple-A this season. Look for a few struggles early on, but since his second start is against the Indians, he might get off to a fast start.
Inter-league play returns this weekend, so pay attention to American League designated hitters taking a seat on the bench in National League parks and some National League hitters getting extra at bats as designated hitters if they are playing in American League parks.
Also, all 30 Major League teams play six games this week and 18 get seven games.
Now, the projected 2-start pitchers for this week. For those of you in leagues who require you to set your lineup at the beginning of the week, these are guys you should strongly consider:
Five best bets for double-start pitchers this week
1. Phil Hughes is starting to come of age. He gets two cupcakes (at BAL, vs. HOU) to mow down and a huge lineup to back him up. This kid is a must play.
2. Matt Cain is pitching well again this season and he’s even getting run support. Even though he gets a hot Reds offense that seems to be cooling a bit (at CIN), he finishes with the weaklings from across the Bay (vs OAK).
3. Yovani Gallardo gets a crummy team (CHC) and a decent team (TEX) at home this week. He’s quietly having a great season that should only get better with two wins this week.
4. Carlos Silva is pitching better than he ever has, prompting some to wonder if he has made a deal with the devil. With the opponents he’s facing this week (at PIT, vs. CWS), he won’t need much extra help.
5. Stephen Strasburg is about to make his Major League debut and the spotlight will shine brightly on the kid. The only thing that will hold him back this week will be the pitch counts because the competition (vs. PIT, at CLE) likely won’t.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?