There are a number of players who are off to slow starts and their owners may be getting impatient with their performances. This is the right time to make those owners an offer to relieve them of that burdensome player. A few of those players you should look into include Mark Teixeira , Grady Sizemore , Justin Verlander , Victor Martinez and Aramis Ramirez .
Here are the projected two-start pitchers for this week. For those of you in leagues who require you to set your lineup at the beginning of the week, these are guys you should strongly consider:
Five best bets for double-start pitchers this week
1. Roy Halladay is the best pitcher in baseball and is always the best bet when he gets two starts. To make it better, he’s facing two weak offenses (at SF, vs. NYM).
2. Chris Carpenter gets two home starts (vs. ATL, vs. CIN) and should make your fantasy squad look good this week.
3. Josh Johnson has not been his best in 2010, but two home starts against weak teams (vs. SD, vs. WAS) will help him right the ship.
4. Francisco Liriano has regained his 2006 form. He gets two division foes on the road (at DET, at CLE), but should be good this week if he can stay around the plate.
5. Jered Weaver gets two struggling offenses (vs. CLE, at DET) and has been very good in 2010.