The NFL Draft is full of surprises every season as players go earlier than expected and we are not just talking about the Raiders. Here are five guys who may go earlier than expected in the 2010 NFL Draft:
1. CB Kyle Wilson , Boise State - A few weeks ago, I had Houston taking Wilson in a mock draft at #19 and it felt like a reach and now it feels like he won't be on the board when they pick. Rumors of Cleveland and San Francisco showing interest.
2. DT Linval Joseph , East Carolina - One of my favorite draft sleepers when he declared for the draft. Joseph's excellent workouts and good tape have his stock soaring with 29th overall to the Jets a possibility.
3. WR Demaryius Thomas , Georgia Tech - Thomas has tremendous physical tools including size, speed, and body control but he is also is a raw route runner and needs polish. Despite a broken foot which has limited his ability to workout there is speculation he could be a top 15 pick.
4. OT Charles Brown , USC - Most draft boards have Brown listed as a second round pick but Anthony Davis's work ethic concerns and Bruce Campbell's lack of experience and polish has Brown as one of the draft's fast closers. He has been the most underrated offensive tackle throughout the draft process but could end up a top 20 picks and should be off the board by the end of round one.
5. DE/OLB Jerry Hughes , TCU - Numerous mocks have Hughes as a second-rounder but his speed, agility, long arms, and nose for the quarterback makes him a possibility to be the first rush linebacker off the board.
Day Three Riser: QB/WR Armanti Edwards , Appalachian State - The draft's best wildcat quarterback. His ability to embrace a multi-positional role has made him one of the top sleepers in the draft. Tremendous speed and agility, he will play a hybrid QB/WR/PR/KR role for someone and could go off the board before the end of round four.
Chris Maier is Senior Editor for NFLDraft101.com . He can be reached at email@example.com . Join NFLDraft101.com for Live Coverage of the 2010 NFL Draft including a live chat and analysis on all 255 selections