Mets Win a 20 Inning Marathon
- Jeff Francoeur ended his season-long hit streak yesterday by going 0-for-7. He did hit a sac fly in the top of the 19th.
- Angel Pagan broke up a no-hitter in the top of the 6th. He was 3-for-6 with a pair of walks on the day.
- David Wright was on base four times going 1-for-6 with three walks.
- Luis Castillo went 2-for-7 with a walk.
- Jose Reyes and Jason Bay both went 0-for-7. Reyes walked once.
- Johan Santana started the game and pitched brilliantly. His line: 7IP, 4H, 0ER, 1BB, 9K.
- Francisco Rodriguez didn’t pitch until there was a save situation in the 19th and blew the save. He was the only reliever to allow a run. His line: 1IP, 2H, 1R, 1ER, 1BB, 1K.
- Other relievers: Ryota Igarashi, Pedro Feliciano, Fernando Nieve, Hisanori Takahashi, Jenrry Mejia, Raul Valdes, and Mike Pelfrey. Their line: 12IP, 9H, 0ER, 9BB, 9K.
- Pelfrey got his first career save.
- Jerry Manuel waited until the 19th inning to use his best reliever. I don’t like the save statistic and this is the reason why. In this case it didn’t matter, but you shouldn’t manage to pad your closer’s stats. You should manage to win the ball game and that means you use your best reliever first, not last. The Mets got lucky this time, but they didn’t last week against Colorado and they probably won’t next time.
- The Mets offense looked pretty pathetic last night and would have looked even worse if they had lost this game. Tony LaRussa literally used his second baseman Felipe Lopez for an inning and they didn’t score.
- The Mets bullpen has looked great and continued to do a good job last night.
- The Mets caught a huge break in the 19th when Ryan Ludwick was thrown out stealing second even though replay showed he was safe. The next batter, Albert Pujols, doubled.
Line of the Day
- 9-for-61, the Mets offense hit .148 on the night. Their OBP was .257. You won’t win many games that way.
- The Mets will try to win their first series of the season tonight against Adam Wainwright.
- Sun, April 18: RHP John Maine (0-1, 13.50 ERA) vs. RHP Adam Wainwright (2-0, 1.20 ERA).
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?