Brock Lesnar unexpectedly pulled out of his title bout against Shane Carwin at UFC 106, due to a rumored case of Swine Flu (H1N1). Today, Shane Carwin told the press that he too has been fighting a “strain of the swine flu”. However, Carwin said he hadn’t considered backing out of the pay-per-view headliner at UFC 106. Kevin Iole from Yahoo Sports recently commented on the situation.
“I saw the video and I will concede he did not look sick. Having said that, I’m not his doctor, nor do I have access to his medical records. His management insists he’s been very sick and his training partners have concurred. I asked Dana White and he said he hadn’t seen the video. He said Lesnar called him Monday, which is the first he found out about the illness, and said he couldn’t make it. White further said Lesnar told him he is not sure if he could fight in January. I asked if Lesnar sounded ill when they spoke and he said no. White said he had breakfast with Lesnar in Las Vegas about a month ago and said Lesnar told him at that time he wanted to fight frequently. Something doesn’t add up here and this bears further watching.” - Kevin Iole
Craig Rosner from The UG also brought to attention that Lesnar had been spotted at the “Vikings vs. Ravens” game on October 18th, before Lesnar notified UFC officials of a nearly month-long illness.
So, what do you all think? What’s going on with Brock Lesnar?
“I would have never pulled out of the fight.” - Carwin