This is the first of a weekly update on the top ten potential targets for the Seahawks in the 2010 NFL Draft. This list will feature the top ten potential targets each week based on a ranking system and how well or poor that player plays will determine where they are in the ranks each week.
The Seahawks will most likely be targeting the following positions in the 2010 NFL Draft. QB, RB, OL, DL, CB and S.
With that being said here is this week’s top ten.
1) RB Jahvid Best—Cal (412 yards, 8 TD's, 53 carries and a 7.8 avg)
2) S Eric Berry—Tennessee (24 tackles, 17 solo and 1 INT)
3) QB Colt McCoy—Texas (859 yards, 6 TD passes, 4 INT's, 144 passer rating and 68 completion percentage)
4) OT Trent Williams
5) QB Sam Bradford
6) DT Ndamukong Suh—Nebraska (20 tackles, 9 solo and 2 sacks)
7) QB Tim Tebow—Florida (540 yards, 5 TD's, 1 INT, 170 passer rating, 67 completion rating)
8) DT Gerald McCoy-—Oklahoma (8 tackles, 7 solo and one sack)
9) OT Russell Okung—Oklahoma State
10) OT Bryan Bulaga—Iowa
Now this is only the first week and by the end of the season, I'm sure this list will change for better or worse.
However the needs in order from greatest to least are QB,RB,OT,S,CB,DL in that order.
Now the players have to fit the Seahawks motto. The Seahawks motto or bill for draft picks are three things. One, they have to come from a big time school. Two, the player has to be a four year player and not come out early. Finally, he must have great character and becomea leader.
Well that would be Tim Tebow and Eric Berry at the top of the list and Seahawks fans would love to see that.
You can check out Rob Staton's draft blog and see his top ten players to watch as well. http://seahawksdraft.blogspot.com/2009/05/walter-cherepinskys-two-round-2010-mock.html