As the NFL calendar turns to June, hope springs eternal. Almost every player looks like a world-beater in shorts, and fanbases bubble with optimism over performances in offseason team activities (OTAs).
While it can be easy to buy into incongruous hype at this time of year, there are still a number of impressive NFL OTA performances we can't ignore.
The players (and coach) on this list made it for a number of reasons:
- Some of them are incoming rookies who will be heavily counted upon to produce as neophytes.
- One is an All-Pro who is recovering successfully from various maladies.
- And the only coach on this list has inspired confidence and awe among players from the other side of the ball.
In this column, we'll examine:
- The progress of two rookie quarterbacks and one passer who is earning rave reviews in a new city.
- The best receiver in the league and a rookie pass-catcher who is turning heads in the City of Brotherly Love.
- The fortunes of two rookie linebackers, as well as the sterling play of a greenhorn tight end.
- An offensive coordinator's exciting new system.
Here are impressive NFL OTA performances we can't ignore.