Cody Mandell, P, Alabama (HT: 6'2½", WT: 216 lbs)
- Made huge improvements in leg strength, increasing punt average by nearly 10 yards from freshman to senior year.
- Smooth and quick approach leads to few blocked kicks.
- Limited experience in poor weather conditions growing up in Louisiana and playing in the SEC.
- Despite being a four-year starter, has somewhat limited experience in clutch situations due to the proficiency of Alabama's offense.
- Senior year punting average is likely inflated due to small sample size.
- Ball does not explode off his foot, and he does not consistently flip the field with booming kicks.
- Does not always get the ball off cleanly and gets inconsistent hang time on many of his punts.
- Turned down scholarship offers from other schools in order to walk on at Alabama.
- Ranked as No. 5 punter coming out of high school by Scout.com.
- Ray Guy Award semifinalist in 2013.
- Second-team All-SEC as a senior.
- Freshman All-SEC selection in 2010.
Mandell meets the minimum requirements to get a look from the NFL, but he doesn't stand out in any one area. He lacks the booming leg to intrigue teams with his potential and doesn't quite have the dominant accuracy to make up for his modest leg.
Someone will give him a look, but he appears to lack the overall tools to be more than a stop-gap option for teams at the next level.
Draft Projection: 7th-UDFA