Pat O'Donnell, P, Miami (Fla.) (HT: 6'4⅛", WT 220 lbs)
Sixth Round: 191st Pick
|6'4"||220 lbs.||32 1/2"||9 3/4"|
|40-Yard Dash||Bench Press||Vertical||Broad Jump|
|4.64 seconds||23 reps||30.5"||DNP|
- Impressive leg strength and can flip the field when pinned deep in own territory.
- Primary kickoff specialist during his time at Miami and Cincinnati.
- Also worked as holder for field goal unit.
- A good all-around athlete and has the build to remain durable.
- Capable of making some tackles as the last line of defense on punt returns.
- Inconsistent accuracy on coffin corner attempts.
- Struggles with hang time consistency, especially on shorter directional attempts.
- Approach is somewhat slow and deliberate, giving defense an opportunity for blocks.
- Played four years at Cincinnati then transferred to Miami as a graduate student for one season.
- Transferred to Miami to be closer to his father who had been diagnosed with cancer.
- First-team All-Big East in 2011 at Cincinnati.
O'Donnell needs to develop the finesse of his game, but he has the raw leg strength to earn him a shot at the next level. His ability to contribute as a kickoff specialist could also make him intriguing to certain teams.
Draft Projection: 7th round