Kirby Van Der Kamp, P, Iowa State (HT: 6'3¾", WT: 202 lbs)
|6'3 3/4"||202||31 5/8"||9 3/8"|
- Plenty of experience as a four-year starter.
- Has experience in a variety of weather conditions.
- Pinpoint accuracy is his strength—does a great job pinning opponents inside the 20.
- Catches the ball cleanly and has a quick, smooth approach.
- Gets the ball away quickly when facing closing pressure and doesn't lose mechanics in the face of pressure.
- Doesn't have the leg strength to consistently flip field position when pinned deep in own territory.
- Plateaued after an impressive freshman year and never made any significant positive improvements in following years.
- Holds Big 12 record with 289 career punts.
- Second team All-Big 12 in 2012 and 2013.
- Team captain in 2013.
- Left-footed punter.
- Also played soccer in high school.
Van Der Kamp doesn't have an elite leg, but he's a strong directional punter. He doesn't have the complete package to guarantee him a job at the next level, but he will definitely get a look. His accuracy could allow him to stick around for awhile if he's able to win a job.
Draft Projection: 7th Round-Undrafted free agent