This group of pitchers features quality options that are off to good starts, have good track records or have favorable matchups.
- Anibal Sanchez, Detroit Tigers: vs. Cleveland Indians, vs. Los Angeles Angels
- Ervin Santana, Atlanta Braves: @ Philadelphia Phillies, vs. New York Mets
- Gerrit Cole, Pittsburgh Pirates: @ Cincinnati Reds, vs. Milwaukee Brewers
- Matt Garza, Milwaukee Brewers: vs. St. Louis Cardinals, @ Pittsburgh Pirates
- Yordano Ventura, Kansas City Royals: @ Houston Astros, vs. Minnesota Twins
Sanchez is winless, but has a 3.00 ERA in two stats. Last year he went 14-8 with a 2.57 ERA, a 1.15 WHIP and 202 strikeouts in 182 innings.
Santana threw eight scoreless innings in his Braves debut. He should have a chance to win both games while providing solid ERA, WHIP and strikeout numbers.
Cole is 2-0 on the year with a 3.46 ERA. Last year, he was 10-7 with a 3.22 ERA. He's one of the best young pitchers in the game.
Garza is 0-1, but has a 2.57 ERA. He has a career ERA of 3.82 and both of his starts are at home.
Ventura threw six scoreless innings against the Tampa Bay Rays. He gets a boost because of favorable matchups against the Astros and the Twins.