Massage Table Mentionables- Week One
At the Sport Spa, Thursdays are reserved for Massage Table Mentionables, or aka injury news. Feel free to check out our little blog site anytime you like at thesportspa.blogspot.com. We are currently in our MLB schedule.
I just want to throw out a few players that are currently on the DL, that could help your fantasy team out about midway through the season, and give that extra push you need to coast into the playoffs.
If you have a DL spot on your roster, its open, and these guys are available, I would recommend picking them up asap.
1) John Smoltz- Last year he only threw in 6 games for the Braves before his season was cut short by shoulder surgery.
Now, he begins his 21st MLB season on the Red Sox disabled list. I personally feel that Smoltz has some left in the tank and that the Sox are just being cautious with him.
Anyways, he's expected back around June, so if somehow he's available in your league, and you have a DL slot open, go ahead and grab him. If he can get healthy, he will add to an already deep Boston rotation that will be tough to be come playoff time.
2) Troy Glaus- He isn't expected to make it back until after the All-star break, and some experts think he might not make it back this year at all.
Either way, you have to take a gamble on a guy with his kind of power, especially if you have an empty DL slot.
3) Justin Duchscherer- Elected to have arthroscopic surgery on his elbow, and is expected to miss a minimum of 6 weeks.
But, this guy is an All-star. If he's available, grab him and hope he returns some form of his former self.
4) Jeremy Bonderman- Had surgery on his right shoulder last summer, and his arm hasn't been the same since. He has had trouble breaking 90 mph, and that's not good for someone who is consistently a mid nineties power pitcher.
Though it may be awhile before we see him in the Tigers rotation again, he hasn't experienced any pain in the shoulder during his bullpen sessions, which is obviously a positive sign.
If he's available in your league, grab him and pray the velocity returns. He's at least worth a shot.
5) Tom Glavine- Went on the 15 day DL for the Braves. The fact that this guy is still around says enough about him in my opinion. He's a veteran guy that could give you some quality starts later in the year. Pick him up if he's there.
Like I said just a few guys to look for to place in an open DL spot. Grab them if they're there. An empty DL spot does absolutely no good. Find a player you think will have an impact later in the season an utilize your DL. After all, that's why it's there.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?