Here are my top 30 tight ends for Week 16 (standard-scoring leagues).
This countdown identifies the weekend's best bets for catches, total yards, touchdowns and targets—a stat that must always factor into lineup strategies with receivers and tight ends.
On the injury front, Dustin Keller (ankle) and Rob Gronkowski (forearm) shall remain off the board for now.
Week 16: Top 30 Tight Ends
1. Aaron Hernandez @ Jacksonville
2. Jason Witten vs. New Orleans
3. Tony Gonzalez @ Detroit
4. Greg Olsen vs. Oakland
5. Jimmy Graham @ Dallas
6. Owen Daniels vs. Minnesota
7. Heath Miller vs. Cincinnati
8. Antonio Gates @ N.Y. Jets
9. Brandon Myers @ Carolina
10. Jermichael Finley vs. Tennessee
11. Vernon Davis @ Seattle
12. Dennis Pitta vs. N.Y. Giants
13. Jermaine Gresham @ Pittsburgh
14. Kyle Rudolph @ Houston
15. Scott Chandler @ Miami
16. Jacob Tamme vs. Cleveland
17. Martellus Bennett @ Baltimore
18. Benjamin Watson @ Denver
19. Dallas Clark vs. St. Louis
20. Tony Scheffler vs. Atlanta
21. Brent Celek vs. Washington
22. Jeff Cumberland vs. San Diego
23. Rob Housler vs. Chicago
24. Anthony Fasano vs. Buffalo
25. Dwayne Allen @ Kansas City
26. Marcedes Lewis vs. New England
27. Lance Kendricks @ Tampa Bay
28. Zach Miller vs. San Francisco
29. Tony Moeaki vs. Indianapolis
30. Delanie Walker @ Seattle
30a. Logan Paulsen @ Philadelphia
30b. Garrett Graham vs. Minnesota
30c. Craig Stevens @ Green Bay
1. Aaron Hernandez has been superb in the last three weeks, averaging nine catches, 14 targets, 82 yards and one touchdown in that span.
2. Against AFC West foes this season (three games), Greg Olsen has rock-solid averages of five catches, 64 yards and one touchdown.
3. Tony Gonzalez has only faced the Detroit Lions four times in his 16-year, Hall of Fame-bound career with the Kansas City Chiefs and Atlanta Falcons. And that's too bad...since Gonzo churns out roughly seven catches, 91 yards and 0.75 TDs for each battle with Detroit.
Jay Clemons can be reached on Twitter, day or night, at @ATL_JayClemons.