Jermichael Finley outside the Top 15? Heath Miller a Top Five option? Where does a healthy Jimmy Graham fall? Let’s answer these questions and all the rest for Week 8:
- Rob Gronkowski – New England Patriots – at St. Louis
- Jimmy Graham – New Orleans Saints – at Denver
- Tony Gonzalez – Atlanta Falcons – at Philadelphia
- Heath Miller – Pittsburgh Steelers – vs. Washington
- Antonio Gates – San Diego Chargers – at Cleveland
- Aaron Hernandez – New England Patriots – at St. Louis
- Jason Witten – Dallas Cowboys – vs. New York Giants
- Vernon Davis – San Francisco 49ers – at Arizona
- Kyle Rudolph – Minnesota Vikings – vs. Tampa Bay
- Brent Celek – Philadelphia Eagles – vs. Atlanta
- Brandon Pettigrew – Detroit Lions – vs. Seattle
- Dustin Keller – New York Jets – vs. Miami
- Martellus Bennett – New York Giants – at Dallas
- Greg Olsen – Carolina Panthers – at Chicago
- Jacob Tamme – Denver Broncos – vs. New Orleans
- Jared Cook – Tennessee Titans – vs. Indianapolis
- Jermichael Finley – Green Bay Packers – vs. Jacksonville
- Marcedes Lewis – Jacksonville Jaguars – at Green Bay
- Coby Fleener – Indianapolis Colts – at Tennessee
- Joel Dressen – Denver Broncos – vs. New Orleans
- Anthony Fasano – Miami Dolphins – at New York Jets
- Dwayne Allen – Indianapolis Colts – at Tennessee
- Dallas Clark – Tampa Bay Buccaneers – at Minnesota
- Brandon Myers – Oakland Raiders – at Kansas City
- Lance Kendricks – St. Louis Rams – vs. New England
- While the Rams defense hasn’t given up much to opposing tight ends this season, Rob Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez are not your typical tight ends. Look for them to produce as normal this week.
- If Jimmy Graham is healthy he has the potential to be the top tight end, given the match-up. However, after missing Week 7 we have to consider that a real uncertainty. We are going to rank him as if he is going to play, but make sure to monitor the news just in case.
- Would anyone have predicted Heath Miller being a Top Five option in any given week? He faces one of the worst defenses at stop opposing tight ends in the Washington Redskins and has seen his role expand significantly (he’s not just a red zone target). In other words, you should be rewarded with a very nice afternoon this week.
- Jacob Tamme has more receptions and yards than Joel Dressen, but Dressen is the tight end in Denver with three TD (Tamme has one). Who would you rather own? I would still put Tamme as the better play, but at this point both should be considered more as TE2 options. However, a favorable match-up at least brings consideration for TE1 status.
- No, having Jermichael Finley so low is not a typo. How can we trust him at this point given his continued struggles? I obviously wouldn’t drop him, but keep him stashed until he shows us something.
- Anthony Fasano had six catches for 47 yards against the Jets in their first meeting this season. While the match-up is favorable, that is actually his high game for the season. I would continue to view him as more of a TE2 option.
- The match-up with a Titans team that has continually been torched by tight ends put Dwayne Allen and Coby Fleener in the Top 25. The problem is that neither has provided overly impressive numbers for fantasy owners. Consider them as TE2 and nothing more.
Make sure to check out all of our Week 8 rankings:
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!