Eric Francis/Getty Images
6. Stepfan Taylor, Stanford: Work-horse back who does everything well. Could be the steal of the 2013 draft at the position.
Projected Round: 3
7. Montee Ball, Wisconsin: Excellent skill set. Was considered a top running back prospect last year. Lacks true speed and burst and must improve a dreadful senior season to be considered a solid NFL prospect.
Projected Round: 4
8. Eddie Lacy, Alabama: Similar to the typical Alabama running back. Lacy has great power but doesn’t have the all around skill set to be great. One has to wonder if Lacy’s early success has to be attributed to Alabama’s tremendous line.
Projected round: 3-5
9. Knile Davis, Arkansas: I think it’s unlikely Davis comes out this season. He has a good skill set; he’s explosive and powerful. Yet, it doesn’t seem that Davis is maximizing his potential. He would be wise to stick around for his senior season.
Projected Round: 4-6
10. Mike Gillislee, Florida: Unlimited potential for the surprise Gator back. He has been stellar this year, posting a high average and leading the Gators to their top 10 ranking. He is a skilled blocker who can do it all. Gillislee could be trending way up with more consistent games like he has been having this season.
Projected Round: 2-6