Tyvon Branch is struggling to post big-play numbers, but if the Raiders offense continues to have problems, his numbers should be around the top five at his position by seasons end.
We shouldn’t hesitate to keep him in the lineup, as his tackle numbers remain solid. From what I witnessed in the preseason, he should pickup some sacks during the year; Oakland’s coaching staff was using him more like what we saw back in 2010, when he had four sacks.
What Did We Learn From Week Five?
- One of my favorite IDP rookie sleepers in my IDP dynasty league drafts this off-season—Vikings corner Josh Robinson—is getting it done. Robinson is a good fit for the Tampa 2 defense Minnesota likes to play, and that scheme just happens to be a good fit for IDP purposes. He should be a trusted DB3 and an easy play as a CB2 if you need help.
- Antrel Rolle has been slowed since injuring his knee a few weeks ago. Reserve caution about using him as anything more than a DB3 until we see him show the type of numbers we’ve come to expect.
Sean’s Week Six Watch List
- Matt Giordano continues to look like an option worth trusting in lineups, as the Raiders defense is bound to be on the field a decent amount of time once again. With Michael Huff moving over to cornerback, Giordano is racking up a respectable amount of tackles. Let’s see if he keeps it going against the Falcons.
- Kam Chancellor has had a couple of slow weeks, but look to his numbers against the Packers as a reason for optimism this week against the Patriots. We shouldn’t lose confidence in Chancellor, as he’s still in a good situation to start weekly.
- It looks like Quintin Mikell will benefit from having extra time to get ready for the Rams contest against the Dolphins after sustaining a concussion against the Cardinals. Keep an eye on his availability on Sunday morning, but if he’s on the field, we should get him in the lineup.
|1||Charles Woodson||@ Texans|
|4||Morgan Burnett||@ Texans|
|6||Tyvon Branch||@ Falcons|
|8||George Wilson||@ Cardinals|
|10||Cortland Finnegan||@ Dolphins|
|13||Rahim Moore||@ Chargers|
|17||Ryan Clark||@ Titans|
|18||Quintin Mikell||@ Dolphins|
|22||Matt Giordano||@ Falcons|
|23||Mike Adams||@ Chargers|
|25||Antoine Winfield||@ Redskins|
|26||Eric Berry||@ Bucs|
|28||Antrel Rolle||@ 49ers|
|29||Reggie Nelson||@ Browns|
|31||Josh Robinson||@ Redskins|