Week 6 Fantasy Football: Top 25 Tight Ends in Points-Per-Reception Leagues
Brian Bahr/Getty Images
Here are my top 25 tight ends for Week 6 (points-per-reception leagues).
This countdown identifies the weekend's best bets for catches, total yards, touchdowns and receiving targets—a stat that must always factor into lineup strategies with receivers, tight ends and running backs.
NOTE: The Jaguars, Bears, Panthers and Saints have bye weeks.
To view my weekly top 25 tight ends in standard-scoring leagues, click here.
Week 6: Top 25 PPR Tight Ends
1. Tony Gonzalez vs. Oakland
2. Rob Gronkowski at Seattle
3. Jason Witten at Baltimore
4. Vernon Davis vs. N.Y. Giants
5. Brandon Pettigrew at Philadelphia
6. Owen Daniels vs. Green Bay
7. Fred Davis vs. Minnesota
8. Martellus Bennett at San Francisco
9. Brent Celek vs. Detroit
10. Antonio Gates vs. Denver
11. Heath Miller at Tennessee
12. Scott Chandler at Arizona
13. Coby Fleener at N.Y. Jets
14. Jermaine Gresham at Cleveland
15. Kyle Rudolph at Washington
16. Jacob Tamme at San Diego
17. Aaron Hernandez at Seattle
18. Jared Cook vs. Pittsburgh
19. Dennis Pitta vs. Dallas
20. Jermichael Finley at Houston (shoulder woes)
21. Brandon Myers at Atlanta
22. Lance Kendricks at Miami
23. Benjamin Watson vs. Cincinnati
24. Tony Moeaki at Tampa Bay
25. Dustin Keller/Jeff Cumberland vs. Indianapolis
25a. Rob Housler vs. Buffalo
25b. Anthony Fasano vs. St. Louis
1. Here's a quick way for Philly QB Michael Vick to break out of a mini-slump: Re-commit to Brent Celek. After collecting 12 catches, 19 targets and 222 yards in his first two games, Celek caught only nine balls for 102 yards and one TD for Weeks 3-5.
2. For a prominent tight end who's only been targeted 29 times, Vernon Davis certainly has the numbers to justify a top-three ranking. He boasts a catch-to-target percentage above 50 for all five games. And in that span, he's notched either 100 receiving yards or one touchdown four times.
3. Let's give Aaron Hernandez (ankle) one full game to recapture his proverbial sea legs before carving out a spot in the top 10. The Pats draw the Jets in Week 7.
4. Fred Davis owners, your moment of fantasy reckoning has finally come. For Weeks 3-5, Davis caught 16 of 17 balls for 214 yards but didn't score once.
Well, this Sunday against Minnesota...the touchdown drought ends!
Jay Clemons can be reached on Twitter, day or night, at @ATL_JayClemons.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?