Always take Wednesday's listing with a grain of salt. Personally, I loathe discussing injuries in the fantasy realm.
My rationale: If a player can practice twice over the three-day period of Wednesday through Friday, I assume he'll play and garner roughly 70 percent of his standard touches, targets or pass attempts.
Oakland at Miami (1 p.m. ET)
- WR Juron Criner—Questionable (Ankle)
- RB Taiwan Jones—Questionable (Ribs)
- WR Denarius Moore—Probable (Hamstring)
- WR Jacoby Ford—Out (Foot)
- K Sebastian Janikowski—Probable (Groin)
- LB Anthony Armstrong—Doubtful (Hamstring)
- RB Daniel Thomas—Out (Concussion)
Without Daniel Thomas in the lineup, the Dolphins will likely dole out 20-plus touches to Reggie Bush on Sunday. But there may also be room for rookie tailback Lamar Miller as a last-second addition in 16-team leagues.
Tampa Bay at N.Y. Giants (1 p.m. ET)
- G Carl Nicks—Probable (Toe)
- RB LeGarrette Blount—Probable (Neck)
- WR Arrelious Benn—Probable (Knee)
- WR Victor Cruz—Probable (N/A)
- WR Hakeem Nicks—Questionable (Foot)
- CB Prince Amukamara—Questionable (Ankle)
- LB Keith Rivers—Doubtful (Hamstring)
I expect Victor Cruz and Hakeem Nicks to play and post top-20 numbers among wideouts in Week 2. The big question for me: Which receiver will Bucs cornerback Aqib Talib cover throughout the day?
New Orleans at Carolina (1 p.m. ET)
- CB Jabari Greer—Questionable (Groin)
- WR Devery Henderson—Out (Concussion)
- WR Steve Smith—Questionable (Knee)
- RB Jonathan Stewart—Questionable (Ankle)
For first-time owners of Steve Smith, here's a tip: Don't take the injury list too seriously on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday! Smith is primed for a big afternoon against the rival Saints.
Arizona at New England (1 p.m. ET)
- QB John Skelton—Doubtful (Ankle)
- RB Beanie Wells—Probable (Knee)
- RB Ryan Williams—Probable (Knee)
- CB Patrick Peterson—Questionable (Groin)
- S Adrian Wilson—Questionable (Ankle)
- CB Alfonzo Dennard—Probable (Hamstring)
- S Patrick Chung—Probable (Shoulder)
- RB Shane Vereen—Questionable (Foot)
Minnesota at Indianapolis (1 p.m. ET)
- RB Adrian Peterson—Probable (Knee)
- CB Josh Robinson—Probable (Hip)
- WR Jarius Wright—Questionable (Ankle)
- WR Austin Collie—Doubtful (Head)
- OT Winston Justice—Questionable (Head)
- WR T.Y. Hilton—Probable (Shoulder)
- DE Dwight Freeney—Out (Ankle)
Even with zero setbacks on his reconstructed knee, we'll undoubtedly see Adrian Peterson (two TDs in Week 1) on the injury list every Sunday. As a consequence of this ongoing recovery from major surgery, Peterson should garner no more than 20 touches, on average, per week.
Baltimore at Philadelphia (1 p.m. ET)
- S Ed Reed—Probable (Thigh)
- WR Jeremy Maclin—Questionable (Hip)
- WR DeSean Jackson—Questionable (Hamstring)
- WR Jason Avant—Probable (Wrist)
- WR Riley Cooper—Out (Collarbone)
I would be shocked if Jeremy Maclin and DeSean Jackson didn't participate in every meaningful series against the Ravens. This is just another classic case of taking the injury list with a grain of salt.
Kansas City at Buffalo (1 p.m. ET)
- S Brandon Flowers—Questionable (Foot)
- LB Devon Wylie—Out (Hamstring)
- DT Marcell Dareus—N/A (Personal)
- RB Fred Jackson—Out (Knee)
For C.J. Spiller of Clemson University, opportunity knocks for the next month (Jackson likely out four to six weeks). To a lesser extent, the same holds true for Bills backup tailback Tashard Choice.
Cleveland at Cincinnati (1 p.m. ET)
- TE Jordan Cameron—Probable (Groin)
- WR Joshua Cribbs—Probable (Knee)
- TE Benjamin Watson—Questionable (Thigh)
- WR Josh Gordon—Probable (Knee)
- RB Trent Richardson—Probable (Knee)
- OT Joe Thomas—Probable (Knee)
- RB Bernard Scott—Questionable (Hand)
- CB Dre Kirkpatrick—Out (Knee)
Houston at Jacksonville (1 p.m. ET)
- RB J.J. Watt—Probable (Elbow)
- RB Arian Foster—Probable (Illness)
- RB Johnathan Joseph—Probable (Illness)
- RB Rashad Jennings—Out (Knee)
- OT Eben Britton—Questionable (Ankle)
There are many perks to co-hosting a weekly Webcast with Arian Foster on Monday nights: For starters, he doesn't sugarcoat injuries, and he doesn't beat around the bush when asked if he'll be in the lineup the following Sunday.
Dallas at Seattle (4:05 p.m. ET)
- LB DeMarcus Ware—Probable (Hamstring)
- TE Jason Witten—Probable (Abdomen)
- RB Felix Jones—Probable (Ribs)
- CB Mike Jenkins—Probable (Shoulder)
- WR Miles Austin—Probable (Hamstring)
- RB DeMarco Murray—Probable (Wrist)
- OT Russell Okung—Questionable (Ankle)
- WR Golden Tate—Probable (Toe)
- WR Sidney Rice—Probable (Toe)
- RB Marshawn Lynch—Probable (Knee)
- TE Zach Miller—Questionable (Knee)
I love that Jason Witten (preseason spleen laceration) is such a gamer. But will that durability entail elite stats this season? Meh.
Washington at St. Louis (4:05 p.m. ET)
- S Brandon Meriweather—Out (Knee)
- WR Pierre Garcon—Probable (Foot)
- OT Rodger Saffold—Questionable (Neck)
- DT Michael Brockers—Out (Ankle)
After viewing Pierre Garcon's 88-yard touchdown catch/run last week and Rodger Saffold getting carted off the field in Detroit—completely immobilized with a neck injury—it would have been natural to believe Garcon (foot) was the greater lock to play in Week 2.
And yet, that may not to be the case. All this begs the question: Who will emerge as Robert Griffin III's go-to target against the Rams—Santana Moss, Fred Davis, Aldrick Robinson or Leonard Hankerson?
N.Y. Jets at Pittsburgh (4:25 p.m. ET)
- S LaRon Landry—Probable (Heel)
- CB Antonio Cromartie—Probable (Shoulder)
- WR Jeremy Kerley—Probable (Back)
- WR Chaz Schilens—Probable (Ankle)
- TE Dustin Keller—Out (Hamstring)
- WR Stephen Hill—Probable (Calf)
- CB Darrelle Revis—Out (Concussion)
- S Troy Polamalu—Probable (Calf)
- RB Rashard Mendenhall—Questionable (Knee)
- RB Jonathan Dwyer—Probable (Foot)
- OT Max Starks—Questionable (Illness)
Without Darrelle Revis in the New York lineup, the Steelers passing game looks markedly better in my final weekly rankings.
Tennessee at San Diego (4:25 p.m. ET)
- QB Jake Locker—Questionable (Shoulder)
- WR Nate Washington—Questionable (Calf)
- WR Kenny Britt—Questionable (Knee)
- RB Ryan Mathews—Questionable (Collarbone)
- TE Antonio Gates—Questionable (Ribs)
- OT Jared Gaither—Out (Back)
I don't envision Ryan Mathews (broken collarbone) playing against the Titans...nor do I expect him to flourish as an elite fantasy back immediately upon his return (whenever that may be).
Detroit at San Francisco (8:30 p.m. ET)
- CB Chris Houston—Doubtful (Ankle)
- CB Bill Bentley—Out (Concussion)
- S Louis Delmas—Doubtful (Knee)
- WR Calvin Johnson—Probable (Foot)
- WR Ted Ginn—Questionable (Ankle)
- RB Brandon Jacobs—Questionable (Knee)
- LB NaVorro Bowman—Probable (Shoulder)
Denver at Atlanta (8:30 p.m. ET Monday)—No injury info yet
Jay Clemons can be reached on Twitter, day or night, at @ATL_JayClemons.