Redskins tight end Fred Davis (2 catches, 38 yards in Week 1) has collected seven-plus targets in seven of his last nine games (dating back to last season).
Here are my top 25 tight ends for Week 2 (points-per-reception leagues).
The countdown identifies the weekend's best bets for catches, total yards, touchdowns and receiving targets—a stat that must always factor into lineup strategies with tight ends, receivers and running backs.
(Note: These estimates shall remain fluid through Sunday morning.)
To view my top 25 weekly listing of tight ends in standard-scoring leagues, click here.
Week 2: Top 25 PPR Tight Ends
1. Rob Gronkowski vs. Arizona
2. Antonio Gates vs. Tennessee
3. Jimmy Graham at Carolina
4. Vernon Davis vs. Detroit
5. Brandon Pettigrew at San Francisco
6. Aaron Hernandez vs. Arizona
7. Fred Davis at St. Louis
8. Jermichael Finley vs. Chicago
9. Brent Celek vs. Baltimore
10. Coby Fleener vs. Minnesota
11. Jacob Tamme at Atlanta
12. Jermaine Gresham vs. Cleveland
13. Tony Gonzalez vs. Denver
14. Owen Daniels at Jacksonville
15. Jared Cook at San Diego
16. Jason Witten at Seattle
17. Kyle Rudolph at Indianapolis
18. Greg Olsen vs. New Orleans
19. Scott Chandler vs. Kansas City
20. Dustin Keller at Pittsburgh
21. Heath Miller vs. N.Y. Jets
22. Dennis Pitta at Philadelphia
23. Martellus Bennett vs. Tampa Bay
24. Marcedes Lewis vs. Houston
25. Tony Moeaki at Buffalo
Jay Clemons can be reached on Twitter, day or night, at @ATL_JayClemons.