The smell of football is in the air. Here are my 2012 Week 1 fantasy football tight end rankings.
1. Rob Gronkowski, New England Patriots
2. Jimmy Graham, New Orleans Saints
3. Vernon Davis, San Francisco 49ers
Another freak athlete who came on in the playoffs. He will be hard for Green Bay to slow.
4. Aaron Hernandez, New England Patriots
The Patriots don’t shy away from using both of their tight ends. Hernandez is right on par with Gronk, which says a lot.
5. Antonio Gates, San Diego Chargers
6. Jermichael Finley, Green Bay Packers
He could be along the lines as the guys above him if he could stay healthy and cut down on drops.
7. Fred Davis, Washington Redskins
8. Tony Gonzalez, Atlanta Falcons
Old Man Gonzo keeps churning it out. With Julio and Roddy it’s easy to forget the most prolific tight end in NFL history. He should do well against his old team.
9. Brandon Pettigrew, Detroit Lions
10. Jermaine Gresham, Cincinnati Bengals
11. Greg Olsen, Carolina Panthers
12. Coby Fleener, Indianapolis Colts
13. Jared Cook, Tennessee Titans
14. Dustin Keller, New York Jets
I have a hard time trusting the Jets’ offense right now. Keller is probably the best bet in the passing game.
15. Kyle Rudolph, Minnesota Vikings
Also check out:
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!