Our brand new champion banner. Yeah, I won.
At any fantasy football draft, the previous winner and loser have an extra chip on their shoulder. Yes, I won my fantasy football league last year and it was amazing, but the glory of victory—as good as it feels—pales in comparison to the utter defeat of losing
Above is the banner we are having made to show the champions through the ages. Trust me, it feels GREAT to be the champion.
I've heard a slew of draft traditions involving the previous champion and loser. Here are my favorite:
- For new leagues, the winner gets to the name the champion and loser trophies
- The above picture is a mock up of a banner our league had made up for the champions. Every year a new name is added
- Get to pick an outfit for the loser to wear the following draft (opposing jerseys, toilet seat necklaces, chicken suits, etc.)
- Sit on a "throne" at the draft
- Choose the theme for team names
- Forced to buy the food and drinks at next years draft
- Automatically have the last pick in the draft
- Have to cook dinner for the winner
- Perform the Pledge of Allegiance before the draft