In the News (1/23)
- Prince Fielder passed his physical, making the two-year/$18M deal official.
- SI’s Jon Heyman has the details of Fielder’s conract – $6.5M in 2009, $10.5 in 2010, a $1M signing bonus and a possible $500K incentive for 500 plate appearances.
- Craig Counsell may be back as Milwaukee utility infielder: He’s truly living every man who resembles a 12-year-old’s dream.
- The aforementioned Heyman names Milwaukee among a short list of teams likely to get deals done before the season: He tabs Oliver Perez as a good fit for the Brewers. For the money he’s looking to get, I disagree. But a backended two-year deal may not be a terrible idea. Unless a trade goes down, I expect a much smaller and less impressive move in Milwaukee’s future.
- Jim Powell is leaving the Brewers broadcast both and returning home to man the booth in Atlanta: Congrats, James and best of luck in the ATL.
- BBKTUTH says Jim Powell’s departure is the toughest loss of Milwaukee’s offseason: My vote goes to CC Sabathia, with Michael Brantley coming in a distant second.
- This Heyward, WI paper calls Brewer fans big losers (for losing Powell): And yet somehow life goes on…
- Keith Law lists the top 100 prospects in baseball: Alcides Escobar comes in 45, Jeremy Jeffress is 49, Angel Salome is 71 and Mat Gamel is 86.
- Cutter Dykstra is No. 10 in Bernie’s Crews’ prospect rankings.
- Nic Ungs is hosting a camp in Iowa: No word on whether Kade will attend this.
- Rattlers manager Jeff Isom expects to field a competitive team this season: Inheriting a Power roster that reached their league’s championship will almost certainly outshine the awful 2008 Rattlers squad.
- Cubs sue Under Armour for backing out of $10.8M ad deal.
- Troy Glaus injured? Well I never!: He’ll miss 12 weeks while recovering from shoulder surgery.
- This Star Tribune writer says Joe Crede would be a good fit for the Twins, and keeps updates on the Twinks’ ongoing negotiations with Eric Gagne: Like I said yesterday, Gagne would be a decent affordable(ish) middle relief option for Milwaukee to consider if their starter search falls through and Seth McClung or Villanueva take the five spot.
- If Gabe Kapler had a nickel for every comeback player award from Jewish publications, he could bail out the economy by now.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?