FIFA 13 Ultimate Team: Benelux Team of the Season Cards Revealed
EA Sports has surprised us with another Team of the Season release this week. Next up is a group of players brought together under the "Benelux" guise. Although this is the collective name for Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg, only Jupiler League and Eredivisie players are included.
This is the seventh Team of the Season reveal out of a total of eight. The final selection will arrive next week. These card variations represent the best overall statistical performances of each individual included on the Ultimate Team—meaning they're likely to be rather costly. All cards are in packs now.
Is your favourite player included? Read on to find out.
Benelux Team of the Season 2012-13
Before revealing the statistics of each player included, it's worth noting that any numbers presented in brackets represent the overall quality of the individual's in-form variation. If that makes little sense to you, check out a full guide right here.
- GK: Kenneth Vermeer, Ajax - 76 (78)>83
- RB: Davy De Fauw, Zulte Waregem - 70 (73)>74
- CB: Toby Alderweireld, Ajax - 77>84
- CB: Cheikhou Kouyaté, Anderlecht - 74>74
- LB: Daley Blind, Ajax - 68>74
- CM: Lucas Biglia, Anderlecht - 76>82
- CM: Kevin Strootman, PSV - 78 (79)>85
- CM: Christian Eriksen, Ajax - 80 (82)>86
- LW: Dries Mertens, PSV - 79 (82)>86
- ST: Wilfried Bony, Vitesse - 78 (81)>85
- ST: Dieumerci Mbokani, Anderlecht - 77 (80)>84
- GK: Silvio Proto, Anderlecht - 74>74
- RB: Daryl Janmaat, Feyenoord - 70 (73)>74
- CM: William Vainqueur, Standard Liege - 70>74
- CM: Adam Maher, AZ - 76 (80)>84
- LW: Maxime Lestienne, Club Brugge - 68 (73)>74
- ST: Carlos Bacca, Club Brugge - 70>74
- ST: Graziano Pellè, Feyenoord - 70>74
You can view each player's full rundown of statistics with the FIFA 13 web app.
FIFA 13 players who steer clear of the most popular leagues on Ultimate Team may have a field day with this Benelux selection.
EA has delivered a lineup of immense talent that may be overlooked by many. The standout card for Belgian-based defences is definitely Cheikhou Kouyaté, whose overall speed clocks in at 87 and defensive stats rise the 80s. He is likely to be more expensive than many gold centre-backs, but my word, what a card.
Daley Blind fans will be pleased to see the left-back has finally been rewarded with a more impressive card. The likes of Adam Maher, Dieumerci Mbokani and Kenneth Vermeer also receive major updates for their memorable campaigns.
As far as Team of the Season lineups go, this is probably the first selection to have something for everyone, especially when you consider card colour, cost and the amount of teams each player can be implemented in.
Do any of these cards take your fancy? Is somebody missing? Let me know in the comments section and be sure to follow me right here: