
Cavaliers Reportedly Unable to Contact Kyrie Irving Following Trade Request
The Cleveland Cavaliers reportedly haven't been able to contact point guard Kyrie Irving to further discuss his rumored trade request made during a meeting with Cavs officials last week.
Irving is "not talking to anyone from the organization" because he's "said enough already," per Jason Lloyd of The Athletic (via Chris Fillar of CBS Sports Radio).
On Monday, Brian Windhorst of ESPN.com reported the 25-year-old Duke product seeks a trade to a team where he could be a "focal point" rather than playing second fiddle to LeBron James. He named the San Antonio Spurs, New York Knicks, Miami Heat and Minnesota Timberwolves as options.
TOP NEWS

Cavs May Make Major Changes

Absurd price for potential Knicks NBA Finals tickets
.png)
Landing Spots For NBA Free Agents ✈️
Irving, who recently returned from a basketball trip to China, hasn't publicly confirmed whether he wants to be traded before the start of the 2017-18 season.
It's unclear whether the overseas trip impacted his ability to make contact with the Cavs, but a lack of communication could slow the process. His contract, which runs through the 2018-19 season with a player option for an additional year, contains a 15 percent trade kicker, per Spotrac.
The situation is further complicated by the fact James can opt out of his contract after next season to become a free agent. Those two factors combined put a lot of pressure on owner Dan Gilbert and new general manager Koby Altman over the next 12 months.
For his part, Gilbert said Wednesday he expects Irving in attendance when the Cavaliers open training camp, as highlighted by the NBA on TNT:
Perhaps the situation will come into focus now that the point guard is back stateside, but the Cavs are a team in turmoil despite making three straight NBA Finals appearances.

.png)
.jpg)




.jpg)