
Carmelo Anthony Trade Talks Reportedly Paused Between Knicks, Rockets
The New York Knicks have "paused" discussions with the Houston Rockets and Cleveland Cavaliers about possible trades for Carmelo Anthony, according to ESPN.com's Adrian Wojnarowski and Ramona Shelburne.
The news comes hours after CSN Chicago's Vincent Goodwill reported the Knicks agreed to terms with Sacramento Kings vice president of basketball operations Scott Perry to be their new general manager.
Citing league sources, Wojnarowski and Shelburne reported the Knicks want to talk to Anthony "about possibly reincorporating him into the organization." However, they added "it's unlikely that Anthony will respond with eagerness about a plan to reincorporate himself into a franchise that has been pushing him" in trade offers.
On Wednesday, the New York Daily News' Frank Isola and Stefan Bondy spoke to an individual familiar with the negotiations who said a trade sending Anthony to the Rockets was "at the two-yard line."
Wojnarowski previously reported the Rockets and Knicks were discussing possible four-team trade scenarios and that both sides were "motivated" to complete a deal.
According to Isola and Bondy, more teams would have to get involved because the Knicks "are opposed" to acquiring the three years and $61.2 million remaining on Ryan Anderson's deal.
Shortly after the start of free agency, Wojnarowski spoke to league sources who said Anthony would be willing to waive his no-trade clause if the Knicks can come to terms on an agreement with the Cavaliers or Rockets.
.png)



.png)
.jpg)




.jpg)
