FIFA 13 Ultimate Team: La Liga Team of the Season Cards Revealed
EA Sports has revealed its last Team of the Season selection for FIFA 13. Focusing on La Liga players, this lineup brings together the brilliance of Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo for one final time on this year's game.
This is the final Team of the Season reveal out of a total of eight. These card variations represent the best overall statistical performances of each individual included on Ultimate Team (unless stated otherwise). They are likely to be extremely costly. All will enter packs at 1 p.m. ET on June 12.
Is your favourite player included? Read on to find out.
La Liga Team of the Season 2012-13
Before revealing the statistics of each player included, it's worth noting that any numbers presented in brackets represent the overall quality of the individual's in-form variation. If that makes little sense to you, check out a full guide right here.
Any numbers appearing after a forward slash highlight the player's Team of the Year card (released at the end of 2012, these will have higher scores than TOTS). The final number represents their Team of the Season rating.
- GK: Thibaut Courtois, Atlético Madrid - 79 (81)>86
- RB: Carlos Martinez, Real Sociedad - 70 (72)>74
- CB: Piqué, FC Barcelona - 86 / 92>91
- CB: Sergio Ramos, Real Madrid - 87 / 93>92
- LB: Jordi Alba, FC Barcelona - 81 (83)>87
- CM: Xabi Alonso, Real Madrid - 87 (88) / 93>92
- CM: Xavi, FC Barcelona - 90 / 95>94
- CM: Iniesta, FC Barcelona - 90 (91) / 96>95
- LW: Cristiano Ronaldo, Real Madrid - 92 (94) / 97>96
- CF: Lionel Messi, FC Barcelona - 94 (96) / 98>97
- ST: Falcao, Atlético Madrid - 89 (90) / 94>93
- GK: Victor Valdés, FC Barcelona - 85>89
- LB: Filipe Luís, Atlético Madrid - 79 (80)>85
- CB: Raphaël Varane, Real Madrid - 76 (78)>82
- CDM: Sergio Busquets, FC Barcelona - 85 (86)>89
- RM: Patrick Ebert, Real Valladolid - 74 (74)>81
- CM: Beñat, Real Betis - 82 (83)>87
- RW: Jesús Navas, Sevilla FC - 85>89
EA has saved a few surprises for 2012-13's last Team of the Season reveal.
Real Madrid and Barcelona fans will be particularly excited for the final release of La Liga's usual suspects, although one or two picks may count themselves a tad fortunate.
Gerard Pique should really make way for either Diego Godin or Miranda of Atletico Madrid, while Isco's exclusion is a massive oversight. Malaga's Willy Caballero could replace Victor Valdes on the substitutes' bench and Jesus Navas' lack of productivity also makes him a tenuous inclusion.
Plenty of deserving players are missing from the list. Should Mesut Ozil have been included? Which players should be removed? Let me know in the comments section below.
Be sure to follow me on Twitter: