You’re reading the right article if you want to know who the top European-based teenagers are right now.
Romelu Lukaku may be the next Didier Drogba, but he hasn’t proven anything this season.
Juan Iturbe came to Porto with so much hype, but he can’t even get a game.
This article ranks the best performing European teenagers on form—not hype.
I’ve decided not to include any of the best performing teenagers from the NextGen Series because youth football is totally different from senior football.
Here are five players who caught my eye:
1. Jean Marie Dongou (Barcelona): Amazing physical attributes. Huge upside.
2. Gary Gardner (Aston Villa): Played like Steven Gerrard.
3. Davy Klaassen (Ajax): Classy operator.
4. Viktor Fischer (Ajax): Tore Liverpool to shreds.
5. Betinho (Sporting Lisbon): Profited from playing on the most entertaining team in the tournament. Should have scored more goals.