
Dwyane Wade Did Not Discuss Buyout from Bulls Contract with Fred Hoiberg
Even though the Chicago Bulls have kickstarted their rebuilding process, Dwyane Wade is apparently not going anywhere.
Head coach Fred Hoiberg said Sunday he has not discussed with Wade the veteran's contract buyout, per K.C. Johnson of the Chicago Tribune.
"He's going to obviously play for us and hopefully play well and take the role of leadership, which is very important," Hoiberg said, per Johnson.
TOP NEWS

Cavs May Make Major Changes

Absurd price for potential Knicks NBA Finals tickets
.png)
Landing Spots For NBA Free Agents ✈️
That's in line with what executive vice president of basketball operations John Paxson said of the issue in late June, per Johnson:
"As far as the buyout, that has not been broached. I would say this: In this type of scenario, it would have to benefit us. Dwyane was a great pro last year, and he's been around a lot of different situations. He was in Miami when they had a couple of rebuilding years as well. So right now we're operating under [the] assumption that he'll be here."
Wade signed a two-year, $47 million deal with the Bulls last July, joining a team that also featured Jimmy Butler and Rajon Rondo.
After a 41-41 season, however, Chicago decided to trade Butler and waive Rondo before the bulk of his 2017-18 contract became guaranteed. That left the 35-year-old Wade on a roster that mostly features young players who will be trying to prove themselves in the NBA.
Alex Kennedy of HoopsHype reported June 28 that the Houston Rockets could be a destination if Wade hits free agency, and there has also been plenty of speculation that he'll rejoin LeBron James with the Cleveland Cavaliers.
The 12-time All-Star, however, appears to be staying in Chicago for the time being.

.png)
.jpg)




.jpg)