
Danny Ainge Says Celtics 'Aren't Comfortable' Despite Busy Offseason
The Boston Celtics have made several notable moves to try to upgrade their roster over the past few weeks, but they are clearly not finished making deals.
"No, we're not comfortable yet," general manager Danny Ainge said, per Steve Bulpett of the Boston Herald. "We do like our team, but we're still going to search things out to see if we can find anything that makes us better this offseason."
The Celtics were the No. 1 seed in the Eastern Conference last season, but after losing in five games to the Cleveland Cavaliers, it was clear they needed to be aggressive in order to take that next step.
So far, the squad drafted Jayson Tatum with the No. 3 overall pick, agreed to a deal with Gordon Hayward, per The Players' Tribune, and acquired Marcus Morris in a trade for Avery Bradley, the Detroit Pistons announced Friday.
Bobby Marks of ESPN noted the latest deal gave the squad enough salary cap room to afford Hayward's contract, leaving $4.32 million for a mid-level exception.
While Ramona Shelburne and Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN reported the team was also shopping Marcus Smart and Jae Crowder, it doesn't appear as though the squad needs to remove any other key players of its core. Instead, the squad will try to bring in new talent who can help the rotation.
The current lineup might be able to win the Eastern Conference, but any new additions would bring this goal closer to reality.

.png)



.jpg)





.jpg)