
Manchester United Transfer News: Nicolas Otamendi to Force Move, Latest Rumours
The agent of Valencia centre-back Nicolas Otamendi has flown to England in a bid to wrap up the defender's move to Manchester United, it's been reported.
According to Spanish daily AS (via Metro's Jamie Sanderson), representative Eugenio Lopez travelled to the UK in the hope that United can agree a deal with Otamendi's La Liga employers.

Sanderson's report mentions that personal terms have already been agreed with the Red Devils, but Valencia are yet to accept a bid for their defender, who boasts a £35.65 million release clause.
Despite the fact Valencia are yet to budge in their bid to keep Otamendi at the Mestalla, David Cartlidge of beIN Sports says the Spanish titans are already "actively planning" for his summer exit:
United's chances of signing the Argentina centre-back were buoyed earlier this week after it emerged Otamendi had threatened not to show up for pre-season training with Los Che, per the Daily Mail's Simon Jones.
Otamendi, who started for La Albiceleste in their 2015 Copa America final defeat to Chile this month, isn't due back at Valencia until July 27, but he "has told Louis van Gaal he wants to join United."
Lopez spoke with Radio Valencia Cadena Ser (via Sky Sports) and confirmed Otamendi hoped to leave Valencia just a year after officially arriving at the club from Porto:
"Nico wants to leave Valencia and is going to do everything possible to achieve it. Nicolas told [executive president] Amadeo Salvo to his face two months ago, it surprises me that it is said that [sporting director] Rufete knew nothing. Or he lied or there is a lack of communication.
In these cases the will of the player is very important.
"
The Red Devils are hoping a deal can be reached for less than the full price of Otamendi's release clause, but it's worth noting Real Madrid's Sergio Ramos remains their priority, according to Jones' report.
Bleacher Report's Andy Brassell recently discussed this week's biggest Old Trafford rumours and believes a move for Otamendi is highly viable:
Should he join Van Gaal's summer revolution at United, Otamendi would link up with international team-mate Marcos Rojo in defence, as well as Angel Di Maria.
Spanish writer Sergio Dominguez believes the acquisition of Otamendi would bring United one very substantial step toward a title challenge:
Daniel Storey of Football365 also believes the South American would give Van Gaal's side an edge in defence to significantly boost their title credentials:
Following the captures of Bastian Schweinsteiger and Morgan Schneiderlin from Bayern Munich and Southampton, respectively, United have solved a central-midfield woe many believe has been evident since Roy Keane's exit in 2005.
If Otamendi were to go AWOL in his efforts to force through a Premier League switch, it would make United's task of signing him that much easier.

Chris Smalling, Phil Jones, Jonny Evans, Paddy McNair and Rojo shared the load at centre-back last season as Van Gaal was forced to cope with a raft of injuries, particularly in the first half of the campaign.
Otamendi's arrival would not only benefit the team in adding more depth, but he would provide a truly elite presence that's been lacking at Old Trafford since Nemanja Vidic and Rio Ferdinand exited last summer.









.png)
.jpg)



