
Chelsea Transfer News: Latest on Paul Pogba, Juan Cuadrado, More
There's still more than two months to go before the January transfer window opens, but Chelsea have already identified several targets to help the club in their Premier League title bid, according to the latest reports.
Rival clubs have been wheeling and dealing in the past few days, locking up their biggest assets to long-term deals to ensure continued success past the January window.
The Blues have been nearly flawless so far this season and likely won't be among the most active teams this winter, but that won't stop the rumour mill from spinning. Here's the latest on Chelsea's reported targets.
TOP NEWS

Madrid Fines Players $590K 😲

'Mbappé Out' Petition Gaining Steam 😳

Star-Studded World Cup Ad 🤩
Paul Pogba Signs New Juventus Deal

Bad news for fans hoping Chelsea would sign highly touted French youngster Paul Pogba: The midfielder signed a new deal with Juventus, as club administrator Giuseppe Marotta revealed on Friday, per talkSPORT.
Speaking at the Bianconeri shareholders' meeting, he said: "We have just signed Paul Pogba's renewal until 2019." The news was later confirmed by the club's official website.
Marotta also revealed there was no release clause in the deal, per Goal's Rupert Fryer:
"There have been no release clauses inserted, because the intention is to keep him for a long time. We deem the wage increase appropriate to Pogba’s value. The deal includes a fixed base salary and a number of bonuses tied to personal and team goals. Contractual situations vary in age, and personal and technical values.
"
Widely regarded as one of the biggest talents in the sport, Pogba has established himself as a regular for the Italian champions since joining on a free transfer in 2011. Still only 21 years old, he combines sensational physical attributes with technique, vision and the uncanny ability to shoot from long range.
Pogba's poise on the ball is remarkable for such a young player, and his performance leading France's midfield during the 2014 World Cup backed up all the hype. Unfortunately, it seems highly unlikely the midfielder will be leaving the Italian Peninsula anytime soon.
Juan Cuadrado Follows Suit

More bad news from Italy, as Football Italia reported on Friday Fiorentina's Juan Cuadrado followed Pogba's example, signing a new five-year contract with La Viola.
The winger took to Twitter to confirm the news:
The Colombia international always appeared an unlikely transfer target for the Blues, but the Daily Express' Ben Jefferson remained adamant Jose Mourinho was willing to meet the Italian club's £32 million asking price only a week ago.
Those rumours can now officially be transported to the bin. Cuadrado's new buyout clause is actually smaller than the reported asking price (£27 million), and there's no way a club would drop its asking price in order to sign a player to a new deal.
A new contract for Cuadrado always seemed inevitable, with top suitors Barcelona and Manchester United either banned from making a move in the winter or addressed the winger position during the summer, in the form of Angel Di Maria.
The 26-year-old's buyout clause is unexpectedly low for a relatively young player who showed his ability during the World Cup but players don't usually move right after signing a new deal. For now, Cuadrado is staying put.
January Swoop for Gerard Pique?

Francois Gallardo is at it again, telling Neox the Blues will launch a £20 million bid for Barcelona's Gerard Pique in January, as reported by the Daily Express' Ben Jefferson.
The self-proclaimed FIFA agent has made a career out of spewing the wildest transfer stories, occasionally getting lucky when one actually pans out. They usually don't, however. For instance, as reported by Metro, he told Radio Intereconomica he was personally working on a deal to bring John Terry to Valencia back in 2012.
Guardian Spanish football expert Sid Lowe put it best:
The claim in itself is illogical. Chelsea have one of the Premier League's best central duos in Gary Cahill and Terry, excellent cover in Branislav Ivanovic and great prospects in Kurt Zouma and Tomas Kalas.
On the other hand, Barcelona had to search every nook and cranny for defensive cover during the summer, settling on Thomas Vermaelen, who was out of favour with Arsenal, a club who are struggling defensively themselves.
Chelsea don't need Pique—Barcelona would be foolish to sell. Unless there's a major falling-out in the Catalan capital, the 27-year-old won't move. And if he does, other clubs will be far more willing to pay top dollar to fill a position of need.



.jpg)







