NBC is rolling out a plan to bring live access to all 380 English Premier League matches for the first time ever next season, according to NBC Sports' Pro Soccer Talk's Mike Prindiville.
The matches will be broadcast on television, streamed live online and featured in a package of other channels that will be available at no extra cost for customers with access to the NBC Sports Network. NBC will also show all 10 pivotal Championship Sunday matches in May 2014.
The current plan, according to Prindiville, will also feature 600 hours of original studio programming throughout the week on the NBC Sports Network, including over 70 Spanish-language telecasts.
Here's a look at what the programming plan will include:
- All 380 matches presented live on television with studio pre- and postgame coverage;
- All 380 matches streamed live via NBC Sports Live Extra;
- Games not aired on a designated NBCUniversal channel will be made available to distributors via Premier League Extra Time, a package of overflow television channels available at no extra cost for each of their customers who receives NBC Sports Network;
- Championship Sunday – May 11, 2014, when all 10 Premier League matches will be available live on a different NBCUniversal channel;
- 76 Spanish-language telecasts, 10 on Telemundo, 66 on Mun2;
- More than 600 hours of Premier League original programming.
The limitless coverage is an incredible upgrade for English Premier League fans, as no matter which club you support, you’ll have access to all 38 of its league showdowns regardless of where you are.
Some of NBC’s other English Premier League content looks solid as well. Premier League 36 and Premier League Goal Zone promise to become instant hits. The former follows and documents players in the hours leading up to big matches, while the latter highlights and recaps all the goals from the weekend’s action (h/t Prindiville).
NBC Universal paid a reported $250 million in 2012 for the three-year package of rights to broadcast the EPL (h/t Prindiville), and it looks set to deliver English Premier League football from every angle in the coming years.
NBC's programming will launch at the start of the 2013-14 season, which begins at the end of this summer.
Follow Bleacher Report Featured Columnist Patrick Clarke on Twitter.
Like the new article format? Send us feedback!