Bellator 238 is set to go down Saturday in Southern California, with Cris Cyborg vs. Julia Budd serving as the main event.
Cyborg's debut and her quest to capture another championship are the key storylines of the headliner, but it's not the only high-stakes bout on the card.
The Bellator Featherweight World Grand Prix is set to continue with Adam Borics and Darrion Caldwell's quarterfinal the night's co-main event.
The tournament is Bellator's third of its kind. Ryan Bader became a two-division champion in the heavyweight tournament, and Douglas Lima recaptured welterweight gold in the other. This year, $1 million and the featherweight title awaits the winner.
When: Saturday, January 25
Where: The Forum in Inglewood, California
Streaming Info: DAZN
Fight Card and Schedule
Main Card (10 p.m. ET)
- Julia Budd (c) vs. Cris Cyborg: featherweight title fight
- Darrion Caldwell vs. Adam Borics: Featherweight World Grand Prix quarterfinal
- Henry Corrales vs. Juan Archuleta
- Sergio Pettis vs. Alfred Khashakyan
- Raymond Daniels vs. Jason King
- Ava Knight vs. Emilee King
Prelims (7:30 p.m. ET)
- Miguel Jacob vs. David Pacheco
- Anthony Taylor vs. Chris Avila
- Curtis Millender vs. Moses Murrietta
- Jay Jay Wilson vs. Mario Navarro
- AJ Agazarm vs. Adel Altamimi
- Aaron Pico vs. Daniel Carey
- Brandon Bender vs. Joshua Jones
- Ricardo Seixas vs. Dominic Clark
- Tony Bartovich vs. Jarett Conner
Bellator Featherweight World Grand Prix Continues
The co-main event is about surviving and advancing. Borics' and Caldwell's differing backgrounds create an intriguing matchup.
Caldwell, a former Bellator bantamweight champion, is 5-0 at featherweight with the company. He advanced over Henry Corrales via unanimous decision in the opening round.
Borics has quietly risen through the ranks with a 14-0 record, including a 5-0 record in Bellator. He advanced via second-round TKO over veteran Pat Curran in his first tournament bout.
In the semifinals, the winner will see AJ McKee, who punched his ticket with a third-round submission win over Derek Campos at Bellator 236.
Budd Welcomes Cyborg to Bellator
Cyborg is one of the biggest stars in women's MMA. She's won a title in every major organization she's fought for and will look to add another one with a win over Budd.
Budd is in the midst of an 11-fight win streak and hasn't lost since November 2011, when Ronda Rousey beat her in 39 seconds. Her only other defeat on her 13-2 record was to UFC two-division champion Amanda Nunes in January 2011.
Cyborg is known for her ferocity, but Budd has defended her title three times and has won three of her last four fights via stoppage.