
Vlade Divac Says Kings Never Extended Offer Sheet to Otto Porter Jr.
Sacramento Kings general manager Vlade Divac shot down whispers that the team extended an offer sheet to Washington Wizards forward Otto Porter Jr. on Tuesday.
According to J. Michael of CSN Mid-Atlantic, Divac said the following regarding the situation: "We never gave him an offer sheet. We just talked."
The Brooklyn Nets did sign Porter to a four-year, $106 million offer sheet, but the Wizards matched it in order to keep him, per ESPN.com.
The 24-year-old Porter was selected by Washington with the No. 3 overall pick in the 2013 NBA draft out of Georgetown, and he has made significant strides each season since then.
In 2016-17, Porter averaged career highs with 13.4 points, 6.4 rebounds and 1.5 steals per game. He shot 51.6 percent from the field and 43.4 percent from beyond the arc.
He was also a key playoff performer with the Wiz, and figures to be an important part of the team's core moving forward alongside John Wall and Bradley Beal.
Had the Kings signed him to an offer sheet and landed him, Porter would have joined a promising group that includes De'Aaron Fox, Buddy Hield, Harry Giles and Willie Cauley-Stein.
Rather than signing Porter, the Kings landed multiple veterans this offseason in the form of George Hill, Zach Randolph and Vince Carter.

.png)



.jpg)





.jpg)