
Tony Romo Rumors: Broncos Reportedly Haven't Discussed QB Despite Release Report
The Denver Broncos reportedly haven't held any formal internal discussions about Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo despite being considered a top contender to sign him following his expected release Thursday.
Josina Anderson of ESPN reported the Broncos have "a lot to consider" before deciding whether to make a serious push for Romo. James Palmer of NFL Network added the front office "didn't alter priorities" in the wake of the Romo release report.
Todd Archer and Adam Schefter of ESPN.com reported Wednesday the Cowboys were planning to cut their longtime starting QB Thursday.
TOP NEWS
.jpg)
Colts Release Kenny Moore

Projecting Every NFL Team's Starting Lineup 🔮

Rookie WRs Who Will Outplay Their Draft Value 📈
Romo will become the most proven quarterback available this offseason if the Cowboys follow through with his release. The 36-year-old four-time Pro Bowl selection owns a 97.1 passer rating across 156 career games in Dallas.
Ian Rapoport of NFL Network previously noted the Broncos were "clearly in the driver's seat" in what could become a crowded battle to sign him as a free agent.
Reports about Denver's lack of activity in potentially making a bid to attract Romo come as a surprise. For now, the team features Trevor Siemian and Paxton Lynch, both of whom are far from proving they could be a long-term answer at the game's most important position.
Romo is a far more promising option in the immediate future. His track record suggests he could push the defensively stout organization back into the championship picture for at least a few years, similar to when the team signed Peyton Manning in 2012.
Of course, a lot of that would be dependent on the veteran quarterback's health. He's appeared in all 16 of the Cowboys' games just twice over the past seven years. Three times during that span he played in six or fewer games.
After Romo suffered a back injury during the preseason last year, fourth-round pick Dak Prescott shined as a rookie and is now entrenched as the team's starter—the main reason Romo is slated to be let go. Romo's injury history also explains why teams may be hesitant to give him a lucrative contract and may push for a more incentive-laden deal.
Regardless of whether the Broncos have had formal discussions to date about Romo, they may end up being serious players in the sweepstakes. Andrew Mason of the team's official website passed along comments from general manager John Elway about his QB outlook last week.
"I'll say this: We're going to look at all the options," he said. "Once they become available, we're going to look at all the options if it's best for the Denver Broncos and it's best for this team, because it's not only about winning next year, it's also what it does in the future too."
That said, Denver's uncertain level of urgency on the Romo front is good news for any other interested teams. The New York Jets, Cleveland Browns, Houston Texans, Chicago Bears and San Francisco 49ers are also hunting for a quarterback upgrade this offseason.

.png)





