
LSU Reinstates Anthony Jennings, 2 Other Players: Latest Details, Reaction
LSU Tigers head coach Les Miles reinstated quarterback Anthony Jennings, defensive tackle Maquedius Bain and defensive back Dwayne Thomas to the football team Friday, according to Michael Bonnette, LSU's sports information director.
Bonnette added that Miles plans for Jennings, Bain and Thomas to return Wednesday, with the trio facing further in-house punishment.
Miles placed the three players on an indefinite suspension in June after they were arrested on charges of unauthorized entry into an inhabited dwelling. Ross Dellenger and Maya Lau of the Advocate in Baton Rouge first reported on details surrounding the alleged incident:
"The arrests of Jennings, Thomas and Bain stem from an event Friday, June 12. The three players and at least three more males entered a West Campus Apartment and broke into a bedroom, removing items from the room, a police report says. They did so with the presumed intent to retrieve items said to have been stolen from Jennings’ apartment on June 10 — a MacBook Air, three pairs of shoes and a PlayStation 4.
"
Earlier on Friday, NOLA.com's Jim Kleinpeter reported Hillar Moore III, the East Baton Rouge Parish district attorney, would no longer pursue any charges against Jennings, Bain or Thomas. Moore explained his decision:
"It was a criminal case but it was going to be difficult to prove because of conflicting statements. It was more of a trespass than an unauthorized entry. The LSU Police did a great job taking statements, video tapes and police lineups. I believe LSU will sanction these students appropriately, the Dean of Students and the football coaching staff.
"
Glenn Guilbeau of Gannett believed Miles was right to bring the players off suspension:
Barring a U-turn from the head coach, the three should be available to play in LSU's season-opener against McNeese State on Sept. 5.











.jpg)
.png)

